HELP ME!

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 01:29 am
Can you give me some advise about the different of the two words"investigate"and"examine".I can not tell the difference of them. Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 684 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 01:40 am
Quote:
Can you give me some advise about the different of the two words "investigate" and "examine". I can not tell the difference of them.

Advice is spelled as you see i have typed it here.
You are not shamed by not knowing the difference between investigate and examine, these words are very very similar in meaning.

Investigate, investigates, investigated, Investigator.
To observe or inquire into in detail

The key difference is "detail"

Ivestigate would usually indicate you looked at something in more detail or more thoroughly than if you used the word examine.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=examine

ex·am·ine
ex·am·ined, ex·am·in·ing, ex·am·ines
1. To observe carefully or critically; inspect: examined the room for clues.
2. To study or analyze: examine a tissue sample under a microscope; examine the structure of a novel; examine one's own motives.
2. To test or check the condition or health of: examine a patient.
3. To determine the qualifications, aptitude, or skills of by means of questions or exercises.
4. To question formally, as to elicit facts or information; int
0 Replies

jecqueline88

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 02:10 am
thank you dadpad!
It is very kind of you for replying .thank you very much.could i know which country do you come from.I believe that we can be friend.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2006 08:13 pm
jecqueline88 I live in Australia. With lots of koala and kangaroos. do you like koala and kangaroo?
0 Replies

jecqueline88

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 01:18 am
ha ha !
Of course i like them.And i like them very much! my foreign teacher is come from Australia ,the city which he come from is near the capital,but i can not remember the name of it .He often tells us a lot of things about Australia and other countries that he has been to. Smile
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:09 am
jecqueline88 is your teacher able to speak with me on this forum?

I really need to speak with him about the number of chinese students on this forum.

please tell him.
0 Replies

jecqueline88

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 12:45 am
I see!
I will tell him about your request! But I think it is a little difficult!You know chinese education system. But if you have some question about our education.Maybe i can tell you !
0 Replies

jecqueline880510

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 02:44 am
understand!
Oh i know your meaning. Are there many students asking questions on this forum. Because our teacher give us the final exam, the task is asking questions on this forum,at least 20. Maybe some students just want to finish this final exam, but please believe me i really want to learn something there and make friends there!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:04 am
Thanks for the information, jecquiline!
0 Replies