My poor pronounciation,What to do?

mks6891

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:55 am
Cool I'm a student majored in English and I come from HUBei --a place with poor pronounciation even in mandarin.I suppose the dialect affects me a lot in pronouncing English.Can you tell me what's the main point in pronouncing English? :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 489 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:00 am
learn the sounds that starting letters and finishing letters make and ensure you make the sounds properly.

You may even like to eggagerate the sound at first.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:07 am
A good dictionary usually lists the vowel tones which indicate how to pronounce a word. Since I don't know Mandarin, it's impossible to point out what YOU in specific should pay attention to, so your best bet is to use something like that. Perhaps listen to internet radio broadcasts, if you are allowed to.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:22 am
Exaggerate Laughing I made a spelling mistake. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:29 am
Since your written English is good, I think you should listen to books on tape or cd's. You can find used tapes on Ebay or from Amazon.com. A well read book should be sound clear and have correct pronunciation. You might want to start with children's stories for simple vocabulary.
0 Replies