what's mean of these? Thanks for your help!

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:27 am
spring rolls,chicken rolls,spicy hot noodles,sesame paste noodles,boiled dumplings, rice and vegetable roll.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 349 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:47 am
Quote:
Spring roll
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spring rolls (Chinese: 春卷; Pinyin: chūnjuǎn) are pastries filled mostly with julienned vegetables (such as cabbages, carrots, or wood ear fungi). Some include strips of meat, usually beef or chicken; others have seafood in them. The filling is wrapped in a thin, flour wrapper, and usually deep fried. Pork is typically used for Vietnamese fried spring rolls.

Beside these savory spring rolls, there are sweet spring rolls with red bean paste inside in Eastern China such as Zhejiang and Northern China.

The spring roll is usually mistaken for its cousin, the egg roll, which has a thicker wrapper and contains more filling, and is part of American Chinese cuisine.

Shrimp rolls in Singapore are very small sized, with hot shrimp paste inside.

Australia has a tradition of westernising Asian dishes, with its Australian counterpart known as the Chiko Roll, See also: Dim sim.

Spring rolls are usually eaten during the Spring Festival in China, hence the name.

Lumpia is the name for spring rolls in the Philippines and Indonesia. In the Netherlands and Belgium, spring rolls are known as Loempia (a variant spelling), typically introduced by immigrants from Indonesia.

http://www.cuyamaca.net/therese.botz/Australia%20Photo%20Journal/Sydney%20Two%20127%20Prawn%20Spring%20Rolls.jpg

Hopefully someone will be by later in regard to the other food terms you've listed.
0 Replies

LittleCrab

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:59 am
C'mon, ehBeth, your words and picture make my mouth water already…… Cool
0 Replies

bobqz007

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 01:47 am
~~
I can't believe what you have done for me ,just thank you !!!
0 Replies