LINKIN PARK: (you all are probably tooo old.)

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 01:47 pm
Opps, sorry about that last post. My mistake
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:42 am
I am posting from school! Very Happy
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 10:32 am
Cool Linkin Park is awesome. I have all of their cds plus the special Meteora one that comes with the DVD. They are awesome and I wish I could have seen them at a concert!! I have two of their shirts Laughing
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 10:48 am
Linkin Park are touring in Japan right now. They're not bad, I'm thinking of going to check a show out, if I can still pick up a few tickets that is. A good friend of mine went to one of their concerts last Tuesday and said they put on a good show.
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:44 pm
Cool, where do your friend go to see them?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:51 pm
The "Nihon Budokan"
0 Replies

maddy42

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:32 am
Lp are ok, a friend of mine is totally obssessed though-you can't talk to her for more then a minute without hearing a useless fact about them! If anyone lives in UK she went to see them for their filming for the Kerrang awards, cool huh? And going right back to the first couple of pages, I'm only a teen and I know Nick Cave-tho he's a lil bit odd if you ask me!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:42 am
maddy, you know Nick Cave? I'm a big fan.
0 Replies

maddy42

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 11:19 am
Hmmm well I haven't heard that much, so I'm probably wrong! Some of his songs are possibly just... a little scary in some ways, but its OK, I'm not saying your odd, coz my Dad lieks him so I hope not!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 11:25 am
Oh great, way to make me feel old Laughing Some of his songs are a bit scary, but his lyrics are awesome, and read like dark poetry.
0 Replies

maddy42

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 01:39 pm
Sorry! Can I have an example of his lyrics please? I'm kinda interested now...
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 06:08 pm
I seriously think that I am the first person to like LP. One Step Closer, I saw the world premiere of that video and loved it. The day the cd came out I bought it. Listened to the cd and found out it is nothing like I anticipated, but nevertheless I liked it. That is until crappy songs like "Crawling" and "In The End" came out. LP got to big for my backpocket and I abandoned them, but i was replaced by millions of idiots.
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 06:50 am
Child of the Light wrote:
I seriously think that I am the first person to like LP. One Step Closer, I saw the world premiere of that video and loved it. The day the cd came out I bought it. Listened to the cd and found out it is nothing like I anticipated, but nevertheless I liked it. That is until crappy songs like "Crawling" and "In The End" came out. LP got to big for my backpocket and I abandoned them, but i was replaced by millions of idiots.
HAHAHAHA, yeah right. You just keep thinking you were the first to listen to LP.
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 06:51 am
"Crawling" came out first on the radio before "One Step Closer" did. That just proves that you weren't the first to listen to LP.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 07:52 am
Maddy, here:

Sad Waters
Nick Cave

Down the road I look and there runs Mary
Hair of gold and lips like cherries
We go down to the river where the willows weep
Take a naked root for a lovers seat
That rose out of the bitten soil
But sound to the ground by creeping ivy coils
O Mary you have seduced my soul
And I don't know right from wrong
Forever a hostage of your child's world
And then I ran my tin - cup heart along
The prison of her ribs
And with a toss of her curls
That little girl goes wading in
Rollin her dress up past her knee
Turning these waters into wine
Then she platted all the willow vines
Mary in the shallows laughing
Over where the carp dart
Spooked by the new shadows that she cast
Across these sad waters and across my heart

Here are a couple of links:

http://www.nick-cave.com/
http://nickcaveandthebadseeds.com/
0 Replies

maddy42

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 09:22 am
You're right they are quite good lyrics, thanks for the links etc., I've had a look and most seem quite good, though I'm not too keen on Tupelo, which is the song I remember the most-though is possibly in a different style from the rest? -In that it seems like an old testament preacher or someone like that speaking, it just seems quite depressing! (not necc. a bad thing I know)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 09:26 am
Nick Cave is obsessed with a style that I would call 'American Gothic'. He loves the imagery of America, with all it's crazies, and I assume, things taken from the Aussie outback as well. To be honest, I don't know 'Tupelo'.
0 Replies

maddy42

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 09:32 am
That explains some things I guess! Thanks Smile
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 05:16 pm
shallowman62989 wrote:
"Crawling" came out first on the radio before "One Step Closer" did. That just proves that you weren't the first to listen to LP.

You are wrong! that is the only thing that I have to say.

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

Crawling was the 2nd single off that CD. AND I WAS THE FIRST TO LIKE LP.

LP NOW SUCKS!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 04:44 am
Is it just me, or does anyone else consider Linkin park to be another one of the endless reams of 'angtisch' bands, who seem to be playing the same background song at different speeds. Although I like a few songs, and can appreciate them, personally screaming to me does not consitute musical talent.
0 Replies