LINKIN PARK: (you all are probably tooo old.)

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 10:19 am
Re: pfft
dragonfly13184 wrote:
i think that anyone who doesn't like linkin park has no consept of good music. first of all...linkin park has a unique soundwhich sadly comes from a tacky synthesizer thing, but it works for them. they're not the first ones to use one of those anyway..that linkin park may not be the best band out there, but they're just awesome because they chose to be different than everyone else out there.b][/color]

Wow, you make quite the case for them...so they're "awesome" because they're different?

I like them, but saying someone who doesn't has no "concept" of good music is pretty close-minded. Funny how people get offended when others don't agree with their preferences.
0 Replies

dragonfly13184

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 07:39 pm
oops
Sorry about saying that people who don't like them have no consept of good music...

that was a little overboard, I appologise.

it's just that they really are a unique sound, and to put them in a category with other junk without having given them a chance is a crying shame.

I try to give everything a chance at least twice. sometimes things grow on you.
0 Replies

Guitarman

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 09:57 am
I was going to be nice but!!!!

Quote:
i think that anyone who doesn't like linkin park has no consept of good music. first of all...linkin park has a unique soundwhich sadly comes from a tacky synthesizer thing, but it works for them. they're not the first ones to use one of those anyway..that linkin park may not be the best band out there, but they're just awesome because they chose to be different than everyone else out there.b][/color]

Yea they are the only EMO SCREAMO band out there, oh wait don't forget AFI, and Simple Plan has a few tracks, and so does Good Charolette. Well I don't really like them, but don't say I have bad opinion in music.
0 Replies

Shadowless-Nightmare

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 12:56 pm
i hate rap but eminem is something else. he speaks his mind and under all that cussin hes a real artist i just dont think rap is the best way he can express himself. i think alot of people like him because everyone else does. i dont believe in that preppy junk. i dont suppose any of you have heard of Mindless Self Indulgence?
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 07:04 pm
I havent read the entire forum, so someone may have allready said this, but dont you find nearly all of linkin parks songs sound the exact same?
LOUD - soft, lead singer talking about some problem - LOUD?
I could be wrong, I dont listen to much current music...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 04:45 am
Some comedy troupe did a great parody of bands like that with a song: "This is the part of the song where we sing soofffft....AND THIS IS THE PART WHERE WE SING LOUD!!"
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 08:28 pm
That's awesome, I'm glad these terrible bands are getting their medicine.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:41 pm
Lol that is good.

I dont like Linkin Park. Personally i think they think they can rap, scream, sing, talk, and play but they cant really do any.
0 Replies

crashlanded vr2

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 04:54 am
I like Linkin Parks: Numb, Easier to run, From the Inside. from Meteora

They are ok. Of course, their music sells so they must be doing something right, although imho their music is composed so as to be more geared towards radio play. I also think they have jumped into the rock-rap combo bandwagon when it was still new, with their distinctive touch.

I used to dislike Eminem for some of the things he said in his songs, but after looking at more of his lyrics, his compositions and his media savvyness, he strikes me as a talented and intelligent guy.

Right now listening to : Dave Matthews Band - When the world ends ( Oakenfold's remix ).
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 06:02 pm
Dont know why, but i am attracted to alot of video game music. Its strange...
0 Replies

sweet majestic darkness

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 11:10 pm
I dig LP. I don't really care for their "style" of music, but their lyrics hit me like a ton of bricks. A lot of the songs do sound the same. I dig them strictly for their lyrics.Some of their lyrics just strike parts of my life.

{I tried
so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter}

{There's a place so dark you can't see the end}
{The darkness holding me tightly}

{I watch how the moon
Sits in the sky in the dark night
Shining with the light from the sun
The sun doesn't give
Light to the moon assuming
The moon's going to owe it one
It makes me think of how you act to me
You do Favors and then rapidly
You just Turn around and start asking me about
Things you want back from me
I'm sick of the tension of the hunger
Sick of you acting like I owe you this
Find another place to feed your greed
While I find a place to rest}

{This is the last smile
That I'll fake for the sake of being with you}
{The sacrifice is never knowing
Why I never walked away
Why I played myself this way
Now I see your testing me pushes me away}
{I've tried / like you
To do everything you wanted too
This is / the last time
I'll take the blame for the sake of being with you}

Haven't you ever felt that way?

I guess I would say they have angry lyrics. Trying to tell it like it is.

http://www.genocya.com/hbang.gif

I thought to edit in that I didn't read all of this topic. I looked at the first couple and the last couple replies. :wink:
0 Replies

sweet majestic darkness

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 11:15 pm
Quote:
Funny how people get offended when others don't agree with their preferences.

OMG...exactly what I have thought so many times. Shocked But it is true. I get "dogged" on a lot because my musical preferences are so scattered through genres. To each their own.

http://www.genocya.com/hbang.gif
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 08:09 pm
WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT SMILEE!?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! LOOK!!! ITS A ROCKER SMILEE!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Seriously, I MUST have comical smilees

(I dont think I spelled smilee right, did I...)
0 Replies

chevboy

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 02:47 pm
They Rock ..... Exclamation
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 05:59 pm
Quote:
but they're just awesome because they chose to be different than everyone else out there.

Omg, they are not different. Htey are like every other nu-metal band out there and all those bands stole Korn's foundation sound. Theyre all posers, Korn is the onyl one that was different.
0 Replies

sparky

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 01:34 pm
Man, I am getting old. All of these bands sound very similar to me (sounds like my MOTHER talking). They've all got a hint of rap, a bit of screaming and a heavy bottom-end. I like the anger and the emotion from these bands - very rock-n-roll. But I really miss things like 'melody' and 'harmony'.

I also wish someone would declare a winner in the 'how low can you tune your instruments' contest. Korn (which has some stuff I do like) has tuned down so far, it sounds like the bassists strings are limp and sticking to the pickups. Whatever happened to standard tuning?

I want to hear something crazy. I wanna hear Linkin Park do an ABBA cover! I want to hear Korn update some Spinners!

Man! I am old! Sad
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 04:52 pm
Quote:
Korn (which has some stuff I do like) has tuned down so far, it sounds like the bassists strings are limp and sticking to the pickups. Whatever happened to standard tuning?

Hey everyone loves tuned down guitars. Ya i guess Korn in effect does have essentially 3 bassists, but that just adds to their flavor.

Quote:
I wanna hear Linkin Park do an ABBA cover

Well the closest we have is a Limp Bizkit cover of a Who song, but thats not really wild. O ya there's a cypress hill (rap with very sparing uses of rock) cover of a Clash song.
0 Replies

loserkid182

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:11 pm
Linkin park is good but THURSDAY is the best band ever!! along with The Ramones, Taking Back Sunday, and Alexisonfire, and many many more!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:10 am
Thursday is so last week...
0 Replies

mysticpixie

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:22 pm
LINKIN PARK
linkin park is like one of the best bands ever! but cmon its getting kinda old. the only tracks that hav sum difference is ummm... "My December", "In The End", and.... thats it. All of the others hav the same quality. what i really like is ummm... "one step closer" the part that goes:
"shut up when im talking 2 u.. shut up!!!" idk thats just me. lol!
Limp Bizkit did i pretty good remake of The Who's Behind Blue Eyes. I mean u still hav the basic guitar line but its "rocked up" a bit by an electric. it also has that cut in thats ok... but idk most ppl dont really like it. Twisted Evil I LUV ROK!
0 Replies