LINKIN PARK: (you all are probably tooo old.)

IAN442

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:39 pm
Well I think Linkin Park is pretty good...but im really rested in the Metal scene...

Im a huge Anthrax fan...theres a band you havent heard squat about for a long time...

www.anthrax.com

They just put out a new album and a live dvd. Take it against St. Anger and get back to me.
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:41 pm
mystik pixie i love rock too...

i pulled out my old cassettes...

Metallica - Fade to Black
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Judas Priest - Pain Killer
Gwar - Scumdogs of the Universe
Anthrax - Sound of White Noise
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here...

and my big stack of Anthrax Cd's
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 01:14 pm
ian is that you? lol more sunspot posters. btw, i'm still young enough to luv linkin park!
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 06:15 pm
yes its me buffy

die hard metal fan from the SS world...i came here because i don't like the OM Clique...

ya know...Lushy, Emom, Tide, Brent, Sherry, and the other Hitler youth.

I got a 90 day ban from sunspot.

Lushy didn't like my using a mental picture of her butt and noses in the same description to start it off...
0 Replies

Santanaof89

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 08:12 am
hey....::waves:: is it possible to like all kinds of music? i mean, i like eminem. but then i like kenny chesney. and then it goes on to johnny cash, the rat pack, and finally slipknot...and avril lavgine....and mariyln manson...i listen to gothic rock..well any kinda rock, country caus im a redneck, rap caus im in the ghetto...er was...and the songs from the 40's-early 90's. im a freak, what can i say?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 08:17 am
I do like Linkin Park, always have. Good rock music. And I'm not too old for them! Cool
0 Replies

Santanaof89

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 10:28 pm
anybody can like linkin park....i dunno why.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 10:43 pm
sparky wrote:
Man, I am getting old. All of these bands sound very similar to me (sounds like my MOTHER talking). They've all got a hint of rap, a bit of screaming and a heavy bottom-end. I like the anger and the emotion from these bands - very rock-n-roll. But I really miss things like 'melody' and 'harmony'.

I also wish someone would declare a winner in the 'how low can you tune your instruments' contest. Korn (which has some stuff I do like) has tuned down so far, it sounds like the bassists strings are limp and sticking to the pickups. Whatever happened to standard tuning?

I want to hear something crazy. I wanna hear Linkin Park do an ABBA cover! I want to hear Korn update some Spinners!

Man! I am old! Sad

I think the winners for the how low can we tune contest would be early releases by The Swans. Their later material, including the side project Skin, kept the dirge-like darkness, but was much more refined in terms of production and artistry.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 01:06 pm
My opinion has not changedd from months ago. I find them monotonous, unmelodic, angstisch and nonsequiteur. They are marginally better than Limp Bizkit, whose songs are egocentric too: many songs on 'Chocolate starfish' include 'o! how hard it is to have got where we got' aspects to them-- like Rollin and another one that I forget. I mean, The Beatles said that they seemed bigger than Jesus, but at least they had something to back this up with, and at least they did not sing about it, as LB do! So, yes, at least LP are not like that.

One thing that does amuse me is the LB lines;

'You can't mess with Limp Bizkit-- because we get it on every day and every night.' Laughing.

0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 08:01 pm
I love Linkin Park,the exciting and mixed rock band in the world.
Their music contains several kinds of elements,such as R&B,jazz,rock,pop.So wonderful.
Everynight,their music will wander around my room.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 08:17 pm
Jazz?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 04:03 am
This one still puzzles me. Jazz in Linkin Park? Sax solos and husky repents?

0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 12:00 am
Ya theres as much jazz in linkin park as there was gangsta rap in the Beach Boys
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:22 am
Exactly. I was really wondering where koolplay got the idea of their being Jazz.

0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:48 am
Well koolplay said linkin park is the most exiting mixed band. LP has as much emotion in there music as a vegtable. No people screaming does not count as emotion
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:59 am
el-diablo, good to see you here again.

oh yeah, regarding linkin park, i've seen them on tv. so-so band.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 06:35 am
I think Koolplay uses an online translator to type Engrish...don't take it too seriously.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 06:45 am
Thanks for the call, Slappy; I did find it weird. Jazz, however, is 'jazz' or a phonetic spelling of it pertaining to the language, in most languages. I'll just think that they're on cheap Macedonian speed and ignore it.

(Incidentally, I love Ali G, but I heard that he got a bad reception over in America, on the most part, which is a real shame. I thought that his US episodes were almost as great as the English ones.)

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 07:09 am
Ali G rocks. Of course, Canadians are more intelligent than the average American, so we get the humour. Wink
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 07:15 am
Do you get the American series, or the English? Did you see the movie? I think that he is one of England's gems. Since he started, [cringe], the OED added the words 'punani,' 'bling-bling,' and another one, to the non-compact version of their dictionary, even though those words are completely made up by Mr. G..

0 Replies