LINKIN PARK: (you all are probably tooo old.)

cavfancier

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 02:53 pm
Not as sick as that rapper dude on Death Row records who killed his female roommate and ate pieces of her flesh and lungs to "up" his "gangsta" persona....forgot the name, but a totally psycho story.
0 Replies

gvapid

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 02:58 pm
The white stripes are good. I saw them perform one on MTV, I hope they make it. THey seem so unique.

Wasn't Ted Bundy a canible? (spelling again. LOL)
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 02:59 pm
OK, but if you put his "on-ness" aside (I mean, he's starving for attention - wouldn't you be, with a mother like that?) - his lyrics are brilliant. he's a lyrical genius. imho.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 02:59 pm
who are the white stripes?

I know "white lines" by GMflash
0 Replies

gvapid

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:02 pm
Anastasia-- You remind me of my sister. Sometimes I get into an argument w/ her and I just get tired b/c she is so persistant in trying to prove me wrong that my ideas crumble. Maybe my reasons for hating him are shallow or their so deeply embeded in my subconscious that I can't quite pin point it. There's just something about him that I don't like.

If It will placate you, I did like the song he wrote for his daughter, Hayle's Song. I'm sure he loves his daughter very much.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:06 pm
Jack and Meg White, a duo out of Detroit. They recorded their last album, "Elephant", on pre-1963 8-track equipment. Said to have cost less than $10,000 to produce, it hit the top 10 on the album charts the first week of its release. She plays drums, he plays guitar (and he rocks too). She does the stage design, using all red, black, and white.

What do they sound like? IMO John Lennon crossed with Jimi Hendrix.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:07 pm
<giggles> placation is always welcome.

(is that even a word?)

I'm in Holland. But I'm American.

I'm just going on because I just recently discovered eminem - he's my big crush of the past couple months. Well, him and Ian Curtis ... but that's an old person's thing again, I guess.

I think Hailie's Song was sweet.

But I do find some fault with the way he drags his daughter into everything.. I really think a kid could grow up pretty messed up with songs like this ringing in her ears:

hailie's gettin' so big now
you should see her, she's beautiful
but you'll never see her -
she won't even be at your funeral

and

Oh great, I'm a daddy -
I'm so glad her mom didn't *budumbum*

(that one's awful)

stasia
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:15 pm
And right now we'd like to bring to the stage: TED BUNDY, AND ALL THE FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS!!...

Speaking of hybrids, and the Lennon family... I understand Yoko Ono has the no. 1 hit on Billboards dance charts. It's a thirty year old song, re-mixed my some of today's top DJ's.
0 Replies

gvapid

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:18 pm
ANASTASIA- I hope he doesn't let his daughter listen to his music. She should be able to form her own opinion about her family once properly informed when she gets older.
0 Replies

gvapid

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:19 pm
I thought it was. Maybe its a young people thing. LOL
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:23 pm
To check out the White Stripes, go to Amazon.com, they have sound bites there.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:24 pm
You might not like Eminem for what he says, or you might not like his music, but he's very, very talented. It takes more than being controversial to get to where he is.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:33 pm
Plus Slappy really likes to ass-bang Mildred to the beat of "Lose Yourself". Wink
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:38 pm
He says he wouldn't let hailie listen to him, either. but I know about those welfare boys. they like to listen to their music loud in the car - whether the kid is there or not. So I wonder.
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:39 pm
Another Eminem fan here - as was said several times earlier, the guy is extraordinary! If everyone would remember that he is a sharp businessman who knows exactly how to push buttons and ring up the sales, perhaps he'd get more respect. The majority of the time I see him as a good performer and conductor - he's got a whole lot going on at one time and the tunes are meant to be part of a larger whole, as in concept albums.

But at the basic level, I do also find my tappin' toes when I hear certain tunes on the radio. I remember thinking that this guy was so horrible, and then what-do-you-know I listened to his work VERY LOUD once and heard so much more of what is going on in his music then. So, surprised me too when I became a fan. Sorta like what happened when I came to like Prince and the Beasties, too. Ya never know what a little bit of understanding will result in. I swear that some "new" artists must be heard with a magnificent sound system before one can hear the musicianship. But once you've heard it, you'll get more out of it on each successive listening even at the normal volume, lol!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:53 pm
You're only half-right, cj. I actually like to ram Mildred while blaring that song where he kills his wife. I mean, that's normal, right gang?
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 03:59 pm
anastasia wrote:
I know about those welfare boys. they like to listen to their music loud in the car -

...I'm a bit confused here. Do you know a heck of a lot of people on welfare, that have cars? It would seem to me that not a lot of welfare people would be able to afford cars, but you seem to know enough to share a personality trait. Shocked
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 04:11 pm
uh ... I know TONS of people on welfare with cars. <shrugs>
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 04:25 pm
anastasia, Ian Curtis....someone after my own heart, but sadly, love will tear us apart again....
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 04:32 pm
<smiles>

oh, cav - don't walk away ... in silence.
0 Replies