Vatican admits Bible is corrupted...

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 11:11 am
muslim1 wrote:
I mean, if two Catholics disagree whether a verse is God's word or not, how would one convince the other?

They'd ask the pope. He's the holy tie-breaker.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:51 pm
muslim1 wrote:
I believe Catholics consider the Bible as being God inspired written by humans. Now, how they determine which fragments of the Bible are authentic and which are false? What are their ultimate criteria to define truth and falsehood? I mean, if two Catholics disagree whether a verse is God's word or not, how would one convince the other?

Your premise demonstrates a profound, though exceedingly common, misunderstanding of Roman Catholic teaching as pertains to the Bible and to the Roman Catholic Faith as well. No such issue could arise between or among Catholics competent in the precepts, teachings, and traditions of their faith. Note I specifically include the qualifier "competent"; one never ceases to wonder at the reaches of absurdity achievable by the incompetent.
0 Replies

this-gospel

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 04:13 am
@muslim1,
Isn't that what you want to hear? The Pope is trying to bring all religion and faith into one. What else do you expect from them?
Wilso

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 05:02 am
@this-gospel,
The last post by that person this forum was 6 years ago. You really think he's reading?
neologist

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 08:55 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
The last post by that person this forum was 6 years ago. You really think he's reading?
We are. Very Happy
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 07:57 pm
Catholics are good people who help a lot in societies. Their work is outstanding when is in reference to asylum, almost free health care, missionary work providing shelter, potable water, food, and other goods in third world countries.

Catholics have bad reputation when sexual abuses are exposed.

And finally, Catholics have their own religion where they have changed the 10 commandments given to Moses for a different set of 10 commandments invented in superfluous theories and invalidated interpretations of the so called New Testament.

It is not a surprise to heard from Catholics that some of them won't believe the foundation of their faith as true.

But, regardless of their erroneous doctrines far away from the original biblical one, Catholics are nice people.
0 Replies