Please help me find my errors. Thanks !

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:03 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the quick fix society, we get what we what now instead of later, do what we would like to faster instead of lower and learn about what we need superficially instead of thoroughly.
In fact, the "I-hate-to-wait" attitude has permeated every level of our lives. More and more people get so impatient that cannot to wait until their efforts work. People prefer relax now, relax later; people prefer fast food, ATM, VASA and whatever else are capable of saving time; people prefer condensed books, music, news, even relationship.
The sad truth is that we just do well in saving time instead of spending time. Slowing down and enjoying details can help us find a new life.
Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 613 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Miller

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:05 pm
Which ones should we pay attention to?
0 Replies

Anastasia4ever

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:11 pm
I mean the passage I write.Is there any mistake in it ? If any, please help me point them out.Thanks.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:13 pm
Should we start with the first sentence? Does it make sense to you, as written?
0 Replies

Anastasia4ever

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 10:18 pm
Yes.
As a Chinese,I am not sure about my writing skill.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 08:45 am
Re: Please help me find my errors. Thanks !
I'll try. Corrections in blue, edit/comments in red:

In the quick fix society, we want what we want now instead of later, do what we do faster instead of slower and learn [eliminated word] what we need superficially instead of thoroughly.
[space between paragraphs, or indent first word of paragraph]
In fact, the "I-hate-to-wait" attitude has permeated every level of our lives. More and more people are so impatient that they cannot to wait for their efforts to work. People prefer relax now, relax later [this clause is contradictory and I cannot guess what you mean] ; people prefer fast food, ATM, VISA and whatever else is capable of saving time; people prefer condensed books, music, news, even relationships.

The sad truth is that we would do well in saving time instead of spending time. Slowing down and enjoying details can help us find a new life.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 09:26 am
Please help me find my errors
Perhaps "people prefer relaxing now to relaxing later" would make more sense.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 09:29 am
"they cannot to wait for their efforts to work" should be "they cannot wait for their efforts to work".
0 Replies

Anastasia4ever

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 12:45 am
Thank you all.
How careless I am! I have made so many errors. And "relax now, relax later" should be "relax now, pay later".
0 Replies