Kids and their mobiles!!!

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 08:09 am
I was watching the news and saw yet another report of kids filming fights on their mobiles.

Can you get camera free mobiles anymore??!!

I may be showing my age here but I am fed up with hearing how stupid kids are.Why out of all the things you could film, do you film a fight?

They then put it on the internet and its voted for on its violence content!!!

Mobile phones without cameras should be remade and given to kids.
Its a phone, it should only be used to contact people in an emergency.There is no definate need for the camera feature.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 662 • Replies: 11
No top replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 08:16 am
It sure seems to be getting less common to find phones without cameras on them. As the technology improves, they will continue to jam more and more options on them. Eventually, I'm betting all phones will have all the same functions as your desktop computer, and then you'll have people not only taking the photos and videos, but putting them on the net right there, then blogging them, too. I can't wait to see what that does for driving.
For the record, my cell phone makes phone calls. That's it. But they do make mobile phones for kids. I'll have to track them down, but they come with buttons programmable to autodial the mother or father's cell phones, and parents can lock certain numbers or only allow certain numbers to be dialed.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 08:19 am
Here it is.

http://www.fireflymobile.com/phone/
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 08:20 am
They should supply these kids with the limited phones you mention.
Either that or stick an ASBO on all mingy kids that really wind me up.

What is it with fighting!!

Why cant they film something worthwhile??!!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 08:21 am
Well, what do you expect? Kids are essentially idiotic little beasts. Ever read Lord of the Flies?

That's why they are supposed to have PARENTS. To-- theoretically, at least-- try and keep them from doing stupid things and hurting themselves and others.

Sometimes it even works that way.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 08:23 am
Here it is.

http://www.fireflymobile.com/phone/

Of course, this does nothing about the teenagers. I'm not sure much can be done about that, since just about anyone with a bit of money can get a cell phone these days.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 08:24 am
Ooh, the mighty double post. Sorry about that. Not sure how I did it. I only meant to put up the second part, not repeat the firefly link. Embarrassed
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 08:27 am
I just thought you were a stutterer. Laughing
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 08:30 am
No, I'm not.
No, I'm not.
No, I'm not.
No, I'm not.
No, I'm not.
No, I'm not.
No, I'm not.
No, I'm not.
No, I'm not.
:wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 10:46 am
Little do the on-the-spot recorders and reporters know that they could be immortalizing themselves and their friends into courtroom fame and criminal records.

Police departments are starting to search the Internet for evidence in criminal activity.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 10:49 am
I've heard that one, too, Noddy. I think it's hilarious. These kids think they are out having a great time and showing their friends how "cool" they are, and all they are doing is incriminating themselves.
Fantastic.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 02:30 pm
I just heard a PBS short piece that some high schools are going to suspend kids from extra-curricular activities (where students "represent" their school) if the Powers that Be come across on line evidence of crimes: underage drinking, doping, fighting....

I accept that All the World's a Stage. I just can't swallow "All the World's a Playground" and rules ain't fair.
0 Replies