Wondering if there are any fault inside

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:35 am
Could you check the grammar in this writing? And if there are any faults, could you mend for me? please Smile
He was sitting in front of his desk with despair; never did he predict that he may make such a brutal friend who is so depraved, what can he did? Maybe only keep reticence could he feel more comfortable, all of a sudden, a macabre atmosphere permeated into this sublime ancient house. He perceived someone was knocking. "Come in!" he shouted with panic, an inherent mood then evaporating, he was obliged to let his partner come in, both of them are meager in fortune, they recalled their original mainspring was only hope to earn more money, who knows the insecurity would come to them one by one. myriads of opportunities were like flies hustling in front of their eyes, though they had done their utmost diligence to turn back the money they lost, they didn't know they had fallen into a slough of deceit~~~ this story tells us: DO NOT TOO FERVENT IN RISKY ADVENTURE
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 464 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Wy

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 04:04 pm
Yes, you have some fault inside. Or, in better English, your writing is not very good yet. Your text is confusing. I'm not sure what you're trying to say at all, so this could be completely wrong…

You know that there is more than one way to say things in English. The words you choose help to define the mood of what you write, and the way you string the words and sentences together help the reader to follow the thoughts you are trying to convey… So what I have done here is just one way to improve your paragraph. If you have specific questions about what I did and why, please ask - I'll keep checking on this thread.

Despairing, he sat at his desk. Never would he have predicted that his friend would be so brutal, so depraved. What can he do? Maybe keeping silent was the only way he could recover his old level of comfort. All of a sudden, a strange and ominous atmosphere seemed to permeate the ancient mansion. He heard a knock at the door. Panicky, he shouted, "Come in!" His partner entered. Both of them were ruined, completely without money. They recalled that their original thought was to become rich together; who could have predicted this outcome? Opportunities buzzed like flies around them and there was no way to take advantage of them. Although they had done their best to regain the money they had lost, they did not realize they had been cheated. This story tells us - DO NOT RISK TOO MUCH AT ONCE. YOU MAY LOSE IT ALL.

However, this story doesn't really tell us much at all. Why is he at his desk? What did his friend do that was so brutal and depraved? What should he keep silent about? Who deceived them, and how? What did they risk, and how did they lose it? If the answers to these questions are not important to telling the story, you should not bring them up. Finally, DO NOT TOO FERVENT IN RISKY ADVENTURE has no verb. It is not a complete statement.

Please keep practicing and keep asking questions. Other posters have improved their English skills by doing this. If you simply ask a single question and never come back, we can't be very much help even if we want to! Keep up the good work!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 04:13 pm
Nevermore.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 02:20 pm
Wondering if there are any fault inside
Two points:

1) One of the main problems here is misuse of prepositions. Prepositions are difficult in most languages; English is no exception.

2) Not to be rude, but is this for real?
0 Replies