Singapore and chewing-gum

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:22 am
In Singapore ,chewing-gum is forbidden. Do you think so ?
you can give me some reasons!thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 370 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 09:33 pm
Hi bob.

Welcome to Able2Know.

I first heard about Singapore's ban of chewing gum many years ago, when some students from Singapore and Hong Kong went to the same university I did.

They told me that their president thought that chewing gum was a sign that people were morally weak.

I thought that was an unusual view, as people of all walks of life chew gum here. Young and old, rich and poor, religious and non-religious. All sorts of people chew gum in Canada.

I've also heard that a former president of Guyana had similar views to that leader of Singapore. He was overthrown, and the people of Guyana don't seem any worse off for being allowed to chew gum.
0 Replies

bobqz007

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:07 am
many thanks!
I fell very happy to see what your said ,it's very reasonable.thank you for your reading !
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:34 am
Hello bob.

It's good to see you here again. It's pleasant to meet with you and your classmates on this site.
0 Replies

bobqz007

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 01:39 am
~~~
Surprised oh ~~yes but every week I just have one time to go to de forum!That's so pity!
0 Replies