A chinese girl .

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 12:58 am
What is the meaning of "Computer chip" ?
Thank you !!! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 721 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:54 pm
From: http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?dsid=1512&dekey=chip&gwp=11&linktext=chip

Quote:
Electronics. A minute slice of a semiconducting material, such as silicon or germanium, doped and otherwise processed to have specified electrical characteristics, especially before it is developed into an electronic component or integrated circuit. Also called microchip.
0 Replies

luxiaoli

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:10 am
Thank you !
thank you very much !
Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 01:41 pm
Luxiaoli--

You're welcome.

The Chinese have a reputation of being courteous people, but many of your classmates seem overwhelmed by the mechanics of posting in English and unable to express thanks.

Do you own your own computer or do you use the computers at your university?

By the by, what is your university? Where is it located?
0 Replies

luxiaoli

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:17 am
A chinese girl
I am very glad to hear that the chinese have a good reputation in your eyes! In my opinion , the chinese are very kindly !If some of them did not thank you after you help them ,I think they may not know how to post reply for thank you .Maybe you can forgive them !!! Smile
In fact I dislike using the computer ,so I did not use it frequently .
If I can not reply you in time ,I hope you also forgive me !!! Crying or Very sad
I am a freshman in a university in China ,I can ont offer a conputer ,so i only to use it in campus.My shool is located in xuzhou in the east of china.
OK.I am very glad to meet you on-line .See you next time !
Though i am a english major ,my english is very poor .If i make some mistakes ,i hope you can forgive me and help me !!!thank you !!! Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:07 pm
Quote:

I am very glad to hear that the chinese have a good reputation in your eyes! In my opinion , the chinese are very kindly !If some of them did not thank you after you help them ,I think they may not know how to post reply for thank you .Maybe you can forgive them !!!
In fact I dislike using the computer ,so I did not use it frequently .
If I can not reply you in time ,I hope you also forgive me !!!
I am a freshman in a university in China ,I can ont offer a conputer ,so i only to use it in campus.My shool is located in xuzhou in the east of china.
OK.I am very glad to meet you on-line .See you next time !
Though i am a english major ,my english is very poor .If i make some mistakes ,i hope you can forgive me and help me !!!thank you !!!

Luxiaoli--

Thank you for the information. When you and all your classmates began posting on A2K we felt a little overwhelmed. Further we didn't realize that you all had limited computer access. Sometimes in the West we are blinded by our own possessions and don't realize that other people exist very nicely with fewer material goods.

I hope you'll use A2K to practice your English. I'm delighted to give any help I can.

Your information about Xuzhou was very interesting and I've shared it with some of the other members here. We realize that we know very little about China and welcome the chance to learn more.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 01:25 pm
Re: A chinese girl .
luxiaoli wrote:
What is the meaning of "Computer chip" ?
Thank you !!! Smile

That's a tech term, referring to your computer and how memory is stored and information transferred. Laughing
0 Replies