This is my homework .I hope take some mistakes for it .

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 01:56 am
Boring life
These stories tell us a family life .Eve listen to a lecture given by Madame tergehova. And she feels their life is very boring so she decides to leave there, and she tries an experimental marriage with Stephen to New York. Eve is thinking of her mother and her father has no idea how primitive they are Mrs. Kent can't persuade she. Second, psychologist professor ware comes here make an experiment. At last, he prove Mr. Kent love Mrs. Kent very much and their daughter Eve decide won't to try an experimental and Stephen has their wedding right here at home.
This story tell me an important answer, I real recognize "true love". People value their family and marriage, because they have strong psychological need for safely, nobody like a dangerous love and life. If two persons live together, thus they should love each other, and whatever of others.
Love people are to devote all of you that are to take good care of for other.

Thanks for your help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 559 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:38 am
Re: This is my homework .I hope take some mistakes for it .
These stories tell us [of, or tell us about] a family's life. Eve listened to a lecture given by Madame Tergehova. She feels their life is very boring, so she decides to leave, and she tries an experimental marriage with Stephen in New York. [Perhaps you mean that Eve decides to elope to New York with Stephen. Elope means to run away with someone, usualy so that the two people can be married without their parent's consent. Your sentence makes it sound as though Eve and Stephen have already gone to New York, and have gotten married. I don't think that is what you mean to say--it appears that you only mean they are thinking about it, and have not done it yet. The word experimentally really does not belong in this story of yours.] Eve thinks that her mother and her father have no idea how primitive they are. Mrs. Kent can't persuade her that they are not. Then, a psychology professor comes to conduct an experiment. At last [Finally would work better here, but at last is acceptable], he proves that Mr. Kent loves Mrs. Kent very much, so their daughter Eve decides that she won't try an experimental marriage [once again, this is awkward, and "experimental marriage" really has no meaning in English, unless you explain what the term means to you. I suggest that you want the verb elope.], and she and Stephen decide to have their wedding at home.

This story tells me something important: I recognize "true love" for what it really is. People value their family and marriage because they have a strong psychological need for safety [security would be a better word to use in this place], nobody likes a risky love and life. If two people live together, they should love each other. [The expression "and whatever of others" makes no sense in this context--i have no idea what you are trying to say.]

This: Love people are to devote all of you that are to take good care of for other.--is totally meaningless to me. I have no idea what you are trying to say with that sentence. Perhaps you mean: People who are in love should devote themselves fully to assure that they take good care of each other.
0 Replies