Advised by a Doctor or on Your own.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,627 • Replies: 34
No top replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 07:34 pm
Humans lost the ability of making vitamin C in their bodies probably by accident in the course of evolution. And I take vitamin C.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 07:42 pm
VItamin C, Vitamin E, ZInc, B6, and magnesium. Although I haven't been taking them regularly.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 07:43 pm
Nothing regularly
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 05:23 am
For most patients, taking OTC vitamins is a waste of money, easily avoided by eating well balanced meals. Cool
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 05:24 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
VItamin C, Vitamin E, ZInc, B6, and magnesium. Although I haven't been taking them regularly.

Why B6?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 05:25 am
quote satt_focusable

Quote:
Humans lost the ability of making vitamin C in their bodies probably by accident in the course of evolution. And I take vitamin C.

Why not drink orange juice each and every day?
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 05:30 am
If my supposition is correct that the loss of the ability of composing the ascorbic acid in human body was an accident, then I do not think there is any reason to deny the efforts of artificial intake of it.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 05:35 am
satt_focusable wrote:
If my supposition is correct that the loss of the ability of composing the ascorbic acid in human body was an accident, then I do not think there is any reason to deny the efforts of artificial intake of it.

I love orange juice. Razz
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 05:45 am
Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 07:53 am
everyone in my family is allergic to orange juice (all citrus juices)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 08:18 am
I take a multiple vitamin/mineral tablet and a vitamin E capsule once every week or two. If I begin to get a cold I'll take 500 mg. of vitamin C, 60 mg. of zinc and I'm usually feeling better the next day, if not, I'll keep up the regimen until I do.

I like orange juice too, especially if it is fresh-squeezed!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 08:21 am
I used to get bad sore throats three or four times a year. About seven years ago my wife suggested I try garlic pills. Since taking them, I've been getting sick about 80% less than before. Our doctor in the States gave me a sad smile and shook his head when I told him this, but I'm a believer.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 08:26 am
New Haven, taking B6, Zinc, and Magnesium are the three main ingredients to a supplement called "ZMA." It supposedly helps keep testosterone levels elevated, so I take it to aid weight lifting. Don't know if it does anything.

And you can drink OJ everyday, but you'd have to drink tons to get the amount you can easily get from taking a couple 500mg, or 1000mg C pills. And Vitamin C is water soluble, so you can't take too much of it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 08:34 am
actually, if you do take too much vit c you can dehydrate yourself. It's water soluble, so it's a diuretic.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 08:38 am
Really? Well, guess if you take a lot of it, drink a lot of water. I didn't know it's a diuretic.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 08:42 am
eeyep.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 09:14 am
littlek wrote:
actually, if you do take too much vit c you can dehydrate yourself. It's water soluble, so it's a diuretic.

Reference:

Ascorbate is a diuretic? Never heard this before. If you take an Rx of ascorbate, you should drink plenty of water to avoid the formation of
renal calculi.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 02:10 pm
NH - are you asking me a question?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 02:17 pm
All that ascorbate does is acidify the urine. This can cause the formation of the kidney stones.
0 Replies