Why do we bear children and rear them?

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:16 am
pangheping wrote:
I can't see any contradiction here.Nature make different instructions to different organisms,she tells worker bee and woker ant not to breed in order to fully fullfill their roles as pure slaves in their society,and she tells women of humans to reproduce in order to affirm the existence of mankind.what's the wrong of nature's instructions in this cases?

1) How do you know what "nature's" instructions are.
2) Nature, being all powerful, certainly has the right and the responsibility to adjust her instructions once it is established that the existence of mankind is in no danger.

Quote:
The greatest potential of a woman is to be a mother.

Pardon me, but that's very insulting. It's akin to saying the greatest potential of man is to take a ****. Many women have greater potential than that of motherhood -- no offense to motherhood, I know it's no picnic -- and society, indeed mankind, could gain more from these women choosing to fulfill that potential over motherhood. We have no shortage of babies and women willing to raise them in this world.

Quote:

Pardon me,I just say the truth,whether it affirms your philosoghic opinion or not.If you are under the age of 50 and still have no kid,to change your mind to bear a child before it's too late is the best advice one can give you on your behalf.

No, you say your philosophic opinion whether it is true or not. How likely is it that you are any better able to discern the truth than anyone else? Are you Nature herself?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:16 am
Race, sorry pal, but you are mistaken about the Wolves. There is indeed a Alpha female and she and the Alpha male are the only ones breeding. The male doesn't not mate with the other females, and the entire pack takes care of the pups once they are born. I don't have any information on the mating habits of Dingo's, and fox don't live in packs, I guess. But you need to take up those mating habits with the Alpha females wolves if you have any trouble with how the wolves plan their community.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:21 am
We have no shortage of babies and women willing to raise them in this world. - Freeduck.

Well, parts of the world anyway. It's not looking so good in some European countries.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 09:24 am
Right, but they have immigration (from those other parts of the world) to offset that effect on their population growth.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 10:37 am
Yes, and that's worked out so well for them, wouldn't you say?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 10:40 am
About as well as unbridled population growth works in the third world.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 10:53 am
In another 25 years or so, most of Western Europe will be third world.

Europe's Two Culture Wars
0 Replies

pangheping

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 03:16 am
Choosing to bear children or not is really a personnal decision,but it will create siganificant social concequences as we saw the situation in Europe if quite a lot of women choosing to abstain from procreation.

This thread is really intended to find out why you choose to have kids,and if you choose not, why?
0 Replies