How can I improve my oral english?I need urgent help.

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 12:53 am
Hello every.I'am a new visiter.My oral english is very poor,I have a so strong desire to improve it.I don't want to jion in some specil oral english training,because I can't afford the expensive fee.I like American oral english very much.But I don't kown where is the stress pronounciation in a word.Friends,please help me.I'am looking forward your response.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 684 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Miller

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 03:08 pm
If you want to learn English fast, just ride the New York subway system during rush hour and try talking to one of the 5 million (?) subway riders on the train. Be sure to watch you wallet, however.

:wink:
0 Replies

zxiangsmne

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 02:05 am
Thank you for your response.
Thank you for your response.You are very facetious.But ,I'am a Chinese,It's apity that I'am not in NEW YORK.Do you have some other realistic ideas?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 03:11 am
zxiangsmne, how about watching DVDs in English with English subtitles? That's what we do a lot - you can read and hear at the same time. And it is fun if you are watching your favourite movies.

The New York subway might be a good way - but it's a bit far away from Germany also... And then you get all those different accents... No, try the DVDs first! :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 06:53 am
urs- I think that it would be better if zxiangsmne listened to a movie in English, with Chinese subtitles. In that way, he/she can listen to how English is spoken, but can look at the Chinese translation, if confused.

The only problem is, is that subtitles sometimes do not always follow the script in the original language too well, but it's a start.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 10:37 am
I guess that depends on zxiangssmne's knowledge of English. Of course, it is the best to have the English subtitles so you can read the words themselves as they are spoken - more or less... But I agree, having subtitles in the native language is a good start.
0 Replies