could you tell me the meaning?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 525 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 04:08 am
In the USA, a bed & breakfast is a kind of hotel, for lack of a better word. A person who owns a large home, with a number of unused rooms, may open his home to tourists as overnight accommodation, offering a place to sleep with the morning meal included in the price. Since the operation is not a full-service hotel, it is usually cheaper to stay at such accommodations than at a regular hotel or motel.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 04:13 am
Also know as a B&B in the UK.
Just a simple room with basic amenities, for the night with a breakfast the next morning, no evening meal is provided.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 05:03 am
There are a number of reasons that some people prefer to stay at the bed and breakfasts, rather than a regular hotel. Often, the accommodations are more homelike than in a commercial hotel. The people who make and serve the breakfast are often the owners of the place, and will go out of their way to serve an elegant breakfast. In addition, because most B&Bs are small, you don't have to deal with a lot of people.
0 Replies