• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 565 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 07:20 pm
how to make use of newspapers
In what sense do you mean? do you mean things you can physically do with newspapers, like lining a birdcage, or for what intellectual purpose would you use a newspaper?

If the second (as I really suspect), then you can get information from them about what's going on locally, nationally, and globally. You can read comments by columnists on events of the day or on politics, etc.

You can check movie schedules, read reviews of books, plays and concerts, find out about the latest fashions, get recipes, & learn how your favorite sports team did in their most recent game.

You can read the letters to the editor and find out what other readers think of various items reported previously in the paper.

Another use for newpapers is as a reference resource. If you want to read about events from an earlier date, check the editorial about a presidential campaign fifty years ago, etc, the material is still there. Internet search engines don't always provide such information. Internet information can be very ephemeral.

Finally, it's a lot easier to read a lengthy newspaper article than stare at a monitor, however clear the text looks, and you can carry a newspaper around to read on the way to work, or in a room where the computer isn't.
0 Replies

frank1987512

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:16 am
Read it ,know the information that you want to know.
0 Replies

lydia2006

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 08:25 pm
how to use newspapers
Thank you for your help !
My reply was late ,and I am sorry.
I am an English major,but sometimes I find that I cannot read the newspapers conpletely,and there are a lot of words I do not the meaning .
You are right .
0 Replies