What is "ku klux klan"?

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 12:44 am
In the movie <<Forrest>> I encountered with this phrase,but I can not find out what it stand for.Can anybody show me ?
Thank you very much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,522 • Replies: 68
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:31 am
The Ku Klux Klan is a very evil secret organization in the USA which is against black people, Jewish people, Asian people and Roman Catholics (among others). It is a white supremacist organization which was formed in the 1870s, after the slaves were set free in America.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 05:17 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KKK

They even have their own website! Evil or Very Mad

http://www.kkk.com/
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:47 am
The KKK is a hate group so proud of what they believe that they are secret and wear sheets over their heads.

Just curious...where are you from that you've never heard of the KKK?
0 Replies

frank1987512

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:18 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
The Ku Klux Klan is a very evil secret organization in the USA which is against black people, Jewish people, Asian people and Roman Catholics (among others). It is a white supremacist organization which was formed in the 1870s, after the slaves were set free in America.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 05:37 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KKK

They even have their own website! Evil or Very Mad

http://www.kkk.com/

Is that site a joke Question
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 05:49 am
Quote:
Is that site a joke Question

Unfortunately, I do not believe so.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 05:51 am
I doubt if you can call any party evil in and of itself. Perhaps it's participants can be called delusional, but they believe in a cause and provide, in their eyes, good solid arguments for it.

Claiming they are evil can in fact be counterproductive. Remember, in America there is supposed to be a concept of Free speech. Besides, banning them will not make these people go away. They'll only go 'underground', and keep their beliefs. The moment they form a party and formulate a point of view, they generate the possibilty for opponents to form coherent, reasonable and rational arguments against them.
Should they fail to rebuff those, they will in turn fail to gain new followers.

In general, they are depicted as antagonists. Groups of degenerate, non too bright southern americans who pine for the days of yore and try to regain those by means of hatemongering against different races and/or sexual orientations. Remember, a lot of this is Hollywood stereotyping. Don't be fooled by it.

This is just me cautioning against namecalling. I do not stand behind the clan in any way, and strongly believe their points of view are erronous and possibly dangerous.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 05:59 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Hahaha, the one who writed the texts in this school is expressed like a nursery school teacher. Are these supposed to be killers?? I don't think that they have relation with the old Ku Klux Klan.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 06:28 am
Ellinas wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Hahaha, the one who writed the texts in this school is expressed like a nursery school teacher. Are these supposed to be killers?? I don't think that they have relation with the old Ku Klux Klan.

They write in that style to attract the ignorant people that join them..

don't let the low level of writing skills fool you...they are dangerous and violent.

They are a hate group, and hate is evil.

Those who try to intellectualize it are doing them a favor by attempting to soften the hard edge of their hate.

They are going to go away, whether they are underground or not. So, might as well make it clear to others that what they practice is evil.

The white hood and the burning cross is as powerful a symbol as a swastika (and yes I realize the swastikas orignianl meaning was different....but in this time, it's considered a sign of evil)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 06:30 am
I just find it hard to take seriously anything guys wearing pointy dunce caps and dresses say.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 06:56 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I just find it hard to take seriously anything guys wearing pointy dunce caps and dresses say.

That's because you're intelligent.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 07:05 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

That's because you're intelligent.

Ain't that the bitch about America? The crazies and the idiots always seem to come out and we are powerless to stop them....short of shooting them and burying them in shallow graves out in the woods.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 07:32 am
Great solution. Shoot the people we think are stupid. Oooh, I'm sure a judge would have a field day with that one.

Chai Tea, they are NOT going to go away. Thinking they will is only deluding yourself. And I prefer the people I disagree with to be out in the open where I can hear them and respond, rather then fermenting underground.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:25 pm
najmelliw wrote:
Great solution. Shoot the people we think are stupid. Oooh, I'm sure a judge would have a field day with that one.

Chai Tea, they are NOT going to go away. Thinking they will is only deluding yourself. And I prefer the people I disagree with to be out in the open where I can hear them and respond, rather then fermenting underground.

rereading my post naj....I misspelled....I meant to type the "aren't" going to go away.....should have proof read.

Sorry 'bout that.

and so, since they Aren't going to go away, I see no reason not to call them what they are, evil.

They are evil because they are ignorant.

Oh sure, some, at the top and in key places are intelligent...but their agenda is pure hate.....what the majority of such groups are are sheep, willing to believe just about any crap told to them.

In my book, ignorance does not include someone who doesn't have the mental capacity to undertand something...it's those that prefer to be herded around because it's easier than taking high road and finding out the truth.

Ignorant people will believe the most astounding things. I remember years back on some jerry springer type show this young lady KKK'er was going on how she wouldn't take a blood transfusion from a Jew, Black, etc.

interviewer: What if you had an accident and that was the blood available.
ignorant girl: My boyfriend would give me his blood.
interviewer: What is is blood was the wrong type? That could kill you.
ignorant girl: His blood isn't the wrong type, and even if it was, it wouldn't kill me.

silly example, but that's largely the type of logic you'll find with people who have been feed nonsence.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 12:31 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

that's because PROBABLY no one in your family was ever lynched by them.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:05 pm
onyxelle wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Please.

You have no idea if I am white or black or mixed or from outer space.

If you take the ideas that they hold seriously, you are fjust as stupid as they are. And I take you no more seriously.

No one said they were harmeless. And I don't take ignorant people seriously. Can you take a conversation like this seriously? Chai Tea posted:
Quote:

interviewer: What if you had an accident and that was the blood available.
ignorant girl: My boyfriend would give me his blood.
interviewer: What is is blood was the wrong type? That could kill you.
ignorant girl: His blood isn't the wrong type, and even if it was, it wouldn't kill me.

Her stupidity is laughable.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:09 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
onyxelle wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Please.

You have no idea if I am white or black or mixed or from outer space.

If you take the ideas that they hold seriously, you are fjust as stupid as they are. And I take you no more seriously.

Of course i don't know, that's why i only said probably. I don't know anyone who's family has had 'dealings' with them to regard them so cavalierly, at least as far as threats go, which I should have been more clear about.

*side note* I never called your race into question because being black isn't the only thing that subjects one to attentions of the KKK.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:46 pm
But blacks are associated with lynchings, which you so clearly decided that my family never was part of.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 02:02 pm
I didn't totally decide that, what I decided was that for you to have such a cavalier attitude toward them says to me that probably you or no one in your family has had dealings with them. I said lynched, sue me, but I though of several other things, cross burning and plain old "killed" being two of them. My point, which was obviously very poorly put across, is what I just said. I found it sort of inconceivable that anyone would/could take such a 'whatever' type view of them if anything on that level had ever happened in their family or with anyone they knew.

Thank you, though, for pointing out to me the need to not post in the midst of heated thoughts. I hope i've learned my lesson.
0 Replies