Famous "Marlboro man" soldier now crippled with PTSD

kuvasz

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:23 pm
woiyo wrote:
kuvasz wrote:
woiyo wrote:
So, a PRIVATELY FUNDED Vets hospital is built by the contributions of PRIVATE CITIZENS, will be run independtly of Govt B.S., provide state of the art health care for our soldiers and the best you can come up with is BLAME BUSH???

Tell your brother that I appreciate his service but his sibling is an a-hole.

so, it is "big gumment" that is the problem? how lame can you get? it is your heroes who are manning the con of government. the tools are there, there is a system, but the busheviks just decided that rich folk need their money more than sick and crippled vets, and you support those clowns.

don't dislocate your shoulder buddy, you're reaching, and not about to address the problems your political heroes are causing to the tens of thousands of vets they are screwing over.

your attempt to salve over the support you have given to the monstrosity of the bush adminisration is laughable. like the drawings of an imbecile smearing his own feces on a wall. you are proud of what you have done, but others find it useless in the scheme of things.

you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Chill little one.

You're talking to someone who DOES NOT SUPPORT GW in his handeling if the Iraq "conflict".

You are talking to a vet who saw his Uncle DIE in a VA hospital and a brother who still has difficulty using VA services. Take a look at the web site and tell me that public facilities like this can do a better job for our soldiers as compared to some of the VA hospitals.

If anything happened to your brother, where would you have him sent?

please try to read more carefully next time. my remarks are not critical about any support for Bush's adventurism in the Middle East, but about your support for his economic policies. It is the latter that trickle down and have led to the disgraceful situation at the VA hospitals, where my uncle too died of kidney failure in September of 2005 due to problems with his dialysis there. Apparently new machine were needed but there were administrative delays. My sister has worked at a VA hospital for a decade and has told me horror stories about what has happened to the hospital since Bush and his gang of thieves have taken over the government.

as to private versus public care for veterans? is that your cause? farm out health care? if you're going that route, why not a totally mercenary armed forces where the mercenary company pays the bill. I'll tell you why, it costs too damned much money to deliver the goods.

The VA is supposed to do right by vets, if they don't, fix the damned problem. that is the purpose of your representatives in congress and the White House. If they don't do you justice, vote them out. But rather than truly fix the problems for vets, because it will take a tax increase to the very wealthy, bush and his buddies block increases for vet health care. worse, when they are challenged they point to increases in VA budgets, bur don't tell that the increases in funds are not keeping up with the increases in vets who need health care. they play a charlatans's game, with American servicemen and women. disgraceful.

But your big idea is to ignore a perfectly useful system of health care and replace it with one in the private sector that likely will be between 10-15% more expensive due to the traditional overhead charges present in the private sector

that is a stupid use of money.

whenever a right wing yahoos talk about the privatization of government services they always leave out how much more it costs than the public sector doing it.

I want my brother, and my entire family to have the best health care possible, and i want all americans to have it, and I know why we don't, idiots who kiss republican ass and who think that a national health care system equals "communism" have been brainwashed.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 04:37 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I really hope that the VA takes care of this young man, as well as all the young men and women served in the military, and who are suffering from PTSD.

Whatever the politics, the reality is, many people who are thrown into a war, will return home, suffering from PTSD. This is not the time for partisan backstabbing. All of us need to make a lot of noise, to make sure that these people are not forgotten by the country which they served so well. We must make sure that they receive quality mental health treatment, to get them through this awful phase in their lives.

Right on, Phoenix! Regardless, now these folks need help. And there's lots of them.
No time to waste expecting the gov't will take care of it, or arguing about how this came to be (though preventing further human beings from having to suffer is very important and needs to be done).

I still get shivers when I see that photo.
(Please read the book 'Nam') Smile
0 Replies