No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 01:45 am
Meanwhile, in other news:

Quote:
Lesbians seeking first gay 'divorce' after three months
May 19, 2006

Jonathan Petre

A lesbian couple who could become the first to divorce after "marrying" just three months ago were warned by lawyers yesterday that they may have a long wait.

Liz King, 40, and Daphne Ligthard, 36, registered their civil partnership in Ashford, Kent, on Feb 11 before sharing a honeymoon in Amsterdam.

But the relationship soured after Miss Ligthard accused Miss King of seeing another woman who had been a guest at their "wedding". The couple are now splitting up and face the prospect of dividing their joint assets.

Miss Ligthard said that the break-up came after Miss King said she no longer loved her.

"Liz told me she didn't love me any more, that she hadn't done so for years. I was absolutely flabbergasted," she said.

"I asked her why she had gone through the wedding and she said it was to make me happy. But it was all her idea.

"She even asked if I would change my name by deed poll because she liked the sound of it. We seemed more in love than ever."

She said she noticed something was wrong after Miss King, an amateur triathlete who works in insurance, began spending a lot of time away from home and kept bringing another woman back to the house ...

I recall something similar regarding Massachusetts, the first and so far only US state to officially sanction same-sex marriages -

0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 01:51 am
Gay divorce Laughing

Be carful what you wish for
0 Replies