I have a blister...

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:52 pm
Get your mind outta the gutter!!....Its on my foot, my heel actually. My friend got my truck stuck the other night and we had to walk 5 miles in the rain back into town....Anyways, its really really big and i have to hobble around. its almost 2 inches long and 1 inch wide....gross, I know! Should I pop it?...eww...lol...or just leave it? How long does something like this take to go away?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 686 • Replies: 5
No top replies

EmilU

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 02:28 am
I usually pop'em, but if that's big maybe you should consult a doctor because that swelling can be a breeding for bacteria Wink Not treated carefully, it can result in some days in the hospital getting injected with antibiotics. After you pop it, if you do, you might want to keep your foot a good 20 mins a day in salty water or buy some gel like "Lamisil" (that's how it's called here) to counter the bacteria.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:54 am
Try not to pop it. The unbroken skin over the blister will keep it from becoming infected. Wear flip-flops. See a doctor if you really can't stand it. Should be gone, or at least bearable, by the time you read this.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:56 am
You just need a matching one on the other foot.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:57 am
I pop it but then clean it and cover it with a sterile bandage. Popping it relieves the pressure and usually a lot of the discomfort.

Just use a pin and then carefully push out the liquid inside. Keep the skin over the blister to protect it. Keep it clean!
It will pop on it's own anyway. You might as well get some relief now.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:16 pm
Use the pin at the thick part at the base of the blister.
0 Replies