Europe A2k Meeting, 2007 - LOCATION POLL

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 11:45 am
There will be another poll to follow to help us work out the dates of the get-together.

This location poll will be open for 21 days.

Some of us have already talked about liking to meet in Barcelona, but many a2kers haven't seen those threads and may prefer to meet somewhere else, thus the poll.

If there are two locations with a lot of interest, perhaps we will work out two meetings at different dates - though I think it's best to shoot for one larger gathering.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 14,534 • Replies: 166
No top replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 11:55 am
London
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 11:57 am
Barcelona...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:53 pm
Vienna could work for my Eastern Europe interest - a jumping-off or landing point.

~~~

I suspect that it'll work like most trips - someone is interested in a location, and others either tag along or don't.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 01:01 pm
It think the meeting should be referred to as "The Tower of Babble Con '07"--and everyone should speak only their native language.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 01:14 pm
This poll really will help (besides for getting a number of people, who actually will show: see Chicago :wink: ).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 01:46 pm
I just realized that Other didn't show up in the poll. I know I put it in, right after Vienna...

Well, then, if people have other places PLEASE ADD THEM TO YOUR POSTS IN CAPITAL LETTERS and I'll try to keep track of the numbers on those.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 01:53 pm
DRUMSHAMBO
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:03 pm
Drumshambo noted!

http://www.dirl.com/home.htm?leitrim/index.html&3

Sounds lovely...
I've never been to Ireland...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:05 pm
Setanta wrote:
DRUMSHAMBO
funny man
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:06 pm
So Set's heading for Drumshambo [can he get into the country], while I head for the Baltic or Vienna.

Where will the dogs be?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:08 pm
KNOCK

population 595...and its own International Airport

thats 595 people...not thousands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:13 pm
We'll leave the dogs with the Hamburgers. It's been more than twenty years since they deported me--and they were so polite and friendly, i'm sure there won't be any problems. No, i suspect they'll let Paul O'Hanlon in with no problem . . . now where did in put that passport?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 02:15 pm
You don't think the hamburgers will be with me in Vienna?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 06:34 pm
poll
let's see ... 2007 ?
sorry , i think we are booked already .
perhaps we'll host an a2k meeting with the dogs right here in kingston ?
i'm sure cleo and bailey will approve .
hbg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:03 pm
I am most disappointed that neither Hódmezővásárhely nor Berettyóújfalu made the cut.. and that despite the latter's proximity to Püspökladány.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:07 pm
In terms of beauty and interest, by the way, both Budapest and Prague kick most of the listed cities' asses. (I mean - Munich! Pfui.) Not to mention the obvious advantage both enjoy in being significantly cheaper to stay, dine and drink in than any of them. Away with the blind spot for the new EU Member States!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:28 pm
I had Budapest in there in one of my first tries... Will add it to the growing Other list.

I must be losing my wee mind. I could swear Other wasn't a choice earlier today. Glad to see it now.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 07:59 pm
I'm here!

My current plan is to be in Europe somewhere in April 2007.

I checked Barcelona, but could be persuaded just about anywhere - with the possible exception of Hódmezővásárhely or Berettyóújfalu. I do try to avoid places that instantly make me sound a sneezing snuffler - sorry Nimh!

So far I have no itinerary - but Spain, Italy, France Ireland, Cornwall, Sweden, England, Portugal, Norway or parts thereof all have been mentioned in my hearing. I've been to most of these places at least once, so I have an open mind (or is that an empty mind!?)

Waiting to see what general consensus is.......
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 04:16 am
ehBeth wrote:
Vienna could work for my Eastern Europe interest - a jumping-off or landing point.

I voted for Barcelona but I should still be working in Prague next June, so any who wish to visit would be welcome to be in touch.

I should know the city quite well by then.

KP
0 Replies