Bush vs President Clinton

woiyo

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:18 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
woiyo, Cool it! Your statement "However, I am not sure what to do with marginal income tax rates that top out at 35%. That seems quite excessive to me." is the most idiotic statement that can be made if you understood anything about the federal tax laws.

Go back and grow up before you call anybody else an "idiot." You understand nothing about tax rates or the tax laws.

Since you appear to be from california, I will excuse your stupidity and lack of analytical ability relating to taxation and govt spending. Your State is a great model and clearly you approve of the way your States finances have been handled in the past.

Done with this dope. Have a nice day!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:35 pm
Another stupid statement by woiyo:

Since you appear to be from california, I will excuse your stupidity and lack of analytical ability relating to taxation and govt spending. Your State is a great model and clearly you approve of the way your States finances have been handled in the past.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:36 pm
woiyo seems to enjoy drowning in quicksand by blowing more stupidy into this forum.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:37 pm
Donald Rumsfeld came into the Oval Office to brief President Bush on the Iraq war.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news," Rumsfeld says, "three Brazilian soldiers were killed today.

Well, Bush was just overcome with grief. He put his head in his hands, sobbing uncontrollably and wailed, "Three Brazilian soldiers, three Brazilian soldiers, oh my god, 3 Brazilian soldiers."

He was so distraught that Rumsfeld could see that he would get no more work done and left the office.

When he calmed down a little, Bush called Dick Cheney into his office and said, "Dick, please, please help me out here. Tell me, how many is a brazillion?"
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 12:39 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Donald Rumsfeld came into the Oval Office to brief President Bush on the Iraq war.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news," Rumsfeld says, "three Brazilian soldiers were killed today.

Well, Bush was just overcome with grief. He put his head in his hands, sobbing uncontrollably and wailed, "Three Brazilian soldiers, three Brazilian soldiers, oh my god, 3 Brazilian soldiers."

He was so distraught that Rumsfeld could see that he would get no more work done and left the office.

When he calmed down a little, Bush called Dick Cheney into his office and said, "Dick, please, please help me out here. Tell me, how many is a brazillion?"

An old one...but it still works!
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 05:00 pm
woiyo wrote:

I do not believe McGentrix is 100% behind the GW Tax extension, but I am sure he will speak for himself.

You however, are suggesting we get rid of tax cuts for the rich.

Which tax cuts are those? I will help you.

1. I would agree we maintain the Estate Tax and limit the exclusion to 1.5M per person.
2. I would agree we increase the Estate TAx Rate back to the highest marginal rate of 60%.
3. I would also agree we raise the ceiling on SS tax to 150K

However, I am not sure what to do with marginal income tax rates that top out at 35%. That seems quite excessive to me.

Maybe you can convince me that they could be raised.

Damn.........Wioyo is almost making sense in a post! Miracles do happen!

I almost agree with you.

I look at an inheirtance as a salary. Why should it be exempt from taxes? The heirs didn't work for it so why should they get it free of charge? Don't forget that most of these multi-millionaires have probably spent years setting aside 'gifts' to avoid taxes. They also have many other ways to avoid paying.

As for SS, it should be collected on the entire salary, no matter if it's $5,000 or $5 Million or more. The wealthy are the ones who profit from a war & other government activities while the working class is sent to fight these stupid wars & to carry the largest part of the burden not to mention the nastiest part..

The CEO's are paid gawd awful salaries these days and should have to pay taxes on the entire amount just like we do, especially SS. Why shouldn't they pay into a system that they milk to death on a daily basis and on the backs of the working people?

And we haven't even talked about corporate welfare. That crap needs to stop...period.

And while we are on the subject of corporations, one thing that might make the political system more fair to everyone is to prohibit all donations to anyone running for any public office. Get the corporations out of government by not allowing them to bribe elected officials in any way, shape or form.

That would be a good start.
0 Replies