So, what's "your" plan for Mother's Day?

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 12:35 pm
We have reservations at 2:30PM for Parcel 104 at the Marriott not far from Great America. It has a rating of 9.7, one of the best in Silicon Valley. We've been there before, and have been very satisfied with the service and food, but that was some years ago.

How about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,084 • Replies: 21
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 01:39 pm
Not much. Like J_B, I'd wanted to do some serious gardening, but weather isn't cooperating, so I'm hanging out. Sozlet let slip that she and E.G. have some sort of secret plans for me, but I don't know what. (What I have gathered is that she really pushed for it and was appalled that he didn't already have plans, which is already all the mother's day gift I need. :-D)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 01:44 pm
I plan on transporting several large amplifiers to the city. Maybe pick up a hooker. Not much else going on today.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 01:46 pm
I plan on going outside at some point. That's as far as I've got with my plan. I'll fill you in as details take shape.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 01:49 pm
gus, What city?

Kicky, Keep us updated. Wink
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 01:57 pm
The corn is on the grill... the salmon, shrimp skewers, ribeyes and chicken breasts are ready. The asparagus is almost ready. Whole onions are grilling. We have a wonderful zinfandel and chilled riesling and sharp cheddar and strawberries we are munching on.

Exactly to squinneys specifications (the wine was my idea)

It's her day.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:02 pm
bet, Sounds like a winner; we'll be right over, and I'm bringing some red wine. Wink
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:10 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
bet, Sounds like a winner; we'll be right over, and I'm bringing some red wine. Wink

bring a really nice port for desert... I have a Merlot and a red zinfandel... you might want to bring | pinot noir or a cabernet... we'll throw on some extra for ya.... Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:12 pm
Merlot or cab sounds perfect! I have both. As a matter of fact, OBill brought a case to our Chicago gathering last week, and he gave me a couple of bottles. It's from California from a winery I never heard of, but it's one of the best cabs I ever tasted; great fruit with very little tannin. Wink
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:17 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Merlot or cab sounds perfect! I have both. As a matter of fact, OBill brought a case to our Chicago gathering last week, and he gave me a couple of bottles. It's from California from a winery I never heard of, but it's one of the best cabs I ever tasted; great fruit with very little tannin. Wink

squinney and I are just starting to get into wine.... I never used to like it but now I'm approaching it from a different perspective... enjoying the different personalities of each. So far the only wine I've tried I really didn't like was the Francis Ford Coppola wines... yuck. We're starting with the less expensive wines first... when I feel like we know something we'll try sopmething reallly good... any suggestions?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:30 pm
Try a Cotes du Rhone, Bear.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:30 pm
Yes, there are many good wines under $10. Robert Parker is the premier wine expert; an attorney turned wine critic. His word is worth the most to wine lovers world-wide. He can make or break a winery.

I find many good wines from Napa-Sonoma in California, but there are also good wines from Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Even Spain and Italy has good wine under $10.

Some swear by the ones available at Trade Joes for about $5. If you find a good one, you can use it for your usual for meals at home.

Wines really add to the meals; one of the greater enjoyments of life.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:38 pm
I dont drink anymore but I still remember the greqt full taste of French white Burgundy's like Puligny Montrachet or my favorite sweet wine is a Sauterne called Chateua Yqem (spelling and I are not friends) Its pronounced EE-Kem'

We were addicted to Freixenet gold a very dry sparkling wine made in Spain. A Great champagne ripoff. The really fine champagnes were , of course great, but not worth blowing the equivalent of a bag of coke.

My favorite California was Stone Creek PinotNoir and Chardonnay. Very mature taste no fruity **** . That too fruity stuff is good with PBJ and not much elese.
Neauveau Beujolais wre good though . Id eat an Italian sammich with a bottle of that.

Real food needs rel wine

I wish I could still drink it without causing mayhem and personal bodily injury (I was what is known in the language as a "mean drunk")
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:42 pm
the reisling we are drinking today is Yellow Tail from australia... the zinfandel a barefoot, which has won a lot of awards... we're still looking for a magic regularly price merlot....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:43 pm
Look, it's Mother's Day and the guys are talking about booze. http://www.borge.diesal.de/board02/images/smiles/schlauch.gif
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:45 pm
hey CJ... I think I hear your mother calling you....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:46 pm
fm, On our tour last year for the Med, we had a visit to Freixenet Winery outside of Barcelona. Some of us purchased the steel cased two bottle Cava, and I carried one bottle home with me. To my shock, I have since found the same wine at Longs Drug Store for about US$5 on sale. Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:47 pm
BTW, I love fruit; fresh, juice or wine. Wink
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:50 pm
pppffffzzzz
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 08:47 pm
c.i., what is a parcel?