GOP Congressman Predicts 30 House Seat Loss

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:51 pm
mm, The irony is completely missed by you; look in the mirror.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:53 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
mm, The irony is completely missed by you; look in the mirror.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that there WILL NOT be any impeachment proceedings if the dems win the house.
Why are you avoiding that?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:58 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Strurgis, Go take a flying leap; I can say anything I wish about this despicable president. He's responsible for the killing of thousands of innocent Iraqis, the unnecessary deaths of over 2,400 of our soldiers, and the cost of this war that is only increasing at astronomical levels that continues to threaten our economy.

A)Learn to spell my name.
B)I would rather not take a leap...flying or otherwise; but, feel free to do so yourself since you seem so thrilled by the thought.
C)I have never said you cannot say something. What I have asked you to do...and you failed to do...is outline the ideas which the Democrats wish to use for their platform.
D)Do not make me remind you of the DEMOCRAT run administration which created many (I said many, not all) of the events which led us into the military confrontations we are currently in or the number of Democrats who supported President Bush at the time and now pretend they never did (although voting records tell the truth).
E)The economy is not that bad, as can be evidenced by the Whackadoodles driving their gas guzzling SUVs to the Sierra Club and Nature Preserves and Earth Day Society meetings and Cindy Sheehan rallies (1 whackadoodle per car).
F)I look forward to seeing your sullen face in 2008 when Jeb is elected...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:11 pm
Why should I presume to outline the democrat's platform? I'm not a democrat irregardless of how most of you wish to label me.

Grow up!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:18 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Why should I presume to outline the democrat's platform? I'm not a democrat irregardless of how most of you wish to label me.

Grow up!

I'm not labeling you as anything.
But you said...
Quote:
Impeachment is the only justified ending to a president that used our soldiers and treasury so indiscriminately for goals impossible to attain. He needs to go down in history as the only president to lose office from impeachment. I also want to see the Senate take on some real responsibility.

Now,it seems that Nancy Pelosi and the dems wont impeach Bush if they get the chance.
All I am asking is how dissapointed are you about that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:22 pm
MM please indulge me and count your toes and fingers and let me know the diference between your count and ten each.l
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:22 pm
Sturgis, You understand very little of politics; Jeb Bush might be popular in Florida, but where else?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:24 pm
mm wrote:
Now,it seems that Nancy Pelosi and the dems wont impeach Bush if they get the chance.
All I am asking is how dissapointed are you about that.

My politics rarely agrees with Pelosi, so what else is new?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:28 pm
Interesting article:

Monday, May 15, 2006
Excerpt:

"This shows how bankrupt the Democratic leadership is.

They worry that the mere mention of the "I" word will so galvanize Republicans that Democrats won't gain control of the House or the Senate and won't therefore be able to slow Bush down, much less impeach him.

This argument has two key flaws.

First, it's unprincipled. Impeachment is not a partisan issue. It goes way beyond which party is in the White House or who controls Capitol Hill. It's about whether we're a democracy or not.

You should support impeachment if you believe in the Constitution, whatever party allegiance you have. But even for those who only speak tactics, it's foolish.

If your goal is impeachment, you need to clamor for it now. You need to build a mass base for impeachment, otherwise Pelosi will continue to abandon this issue.

And if I were a Democratic strategist, and I'm not, I'd favor impeachment because it galvanizes the Democratic base, and Karl Rove has proven time and time again that you need to get your base out to win. For years, Democrats have taken their base for granted.

Now, with impeachment, they are doing so again."
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:28 pm
dyslexia wrote:
MM please indulge me and count your toes and fingers and let me know the diference between your count and ten each.l

10 toes,and 7 fingers.
The other 3 fingers are in Iraq.
WHY?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:48 pm
Quote:
You should support impeachment if you believe in the Constitution, whatever party allegiance you have. But even for those who only speak tactics, it's foolish.

Tell me CI,
Using this as a standard,did you support the impeachment of Clinton?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:49 pm
Re what "the most able Republican campaign legislator in the business" might say, there's also the managing-expectations thing to keep in mind.

In England, last month, the Labour Party was sure to lose big in the local elections. So what the party's top honchos did in the run-up to the elections was to overplay just how big a disaster they thought it was gonna be. Might it, gasp, be 500, 600 seats loss? By letting it be known, leaking hints to the press, just how incredibly badly they were "fearing" it might be, they set up a great context to, when results come in, downplay the extent of the losses. Ooh, it's "only" 300 seats! Didnt do too badly at all!

I dunno, hard to take these things at face value, everyone is playing a game.

Otherwise - what Xingu said on page 1. Lot of time still to come. Anything could still happen. I aint counting on the Dems winning House or Senate.

(But then, I might be managing expectations... :wink: )
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:54 pm
As long as the number is high enough to give dems control, or even close to control, it doesn't matter how 'okay' or not the Republicans come through.

Keeping subpoena power away from the Dems is the only thing that will keep the Bush administration afloat.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 05:56 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
As long as the number is high enough to give dems control, or even close to control, it doesn't matter how 'okay' or not the Republicans come through.

Keeping subpoena power away from the Dems is the only thing that will keep the Bush administration afloat.

Cycloptichorn

How can they be "close to control"?
To have control,they have to be the majority.
There is no provision that gives them control if they arent the majority.
They either are the majority,or they arent.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:05 pm
Sure, you're right. But you may have noticed that the Republicans have been barely passing bills this whole session, by merely a vote or two.

It would be a disappointment if the Dems couldn't retake the house (the senate would be awesome, but difficult, so I'm not making any predicitions there) but at least they would be able to stop a great number of crappy Republican bills from passing in the house.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:08 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Sure, you're right. But you may have noticed that the Republicans have been barely passing bills this whole session, by merely a vote or two.

It would be a disappointment if the Dems couldn't retake the house (the senate would be awesome, but difficult, so I'm not making any predicitions there) but at least they would be able to stop a great number of crappy Republican bills from passing in the house.

Cycloptichorn

I would have no problem with the dems getting the house and the repubs getting the senate.
If that happened,nothing would get done,and that would be a very good thing for the rest of us.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:25 pm
I agree, according to the wishes of our founders, this is what they intended.

I believe that investigations, however, will reveal details which will force the GOP in the Senate to move ahead with impeachment. They simple won't have a choice once certain details about Administration lying are brought to light.

Just my 2 cents, tho

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:37 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I agree, according to the wishes of our founders, this is what they intended.

I believe that investigations, however, will reveal details which will force the GOP in the Senate to move ahead with impeachment. They simple won't have a choice once certain details about Administration lying are brought to light.

Just my 2 cents, tho

Cycloptichorn

The Republicans ned to sign off on any move to impeach. The last thing this country needs is another partisan impeachment effort. The Clinton impeachment was a travesty and a partisan witchhunt.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 06:44 pm
Roxxxanne, What makes you think the impeachment of Bush will be a witchhunt?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 07:29 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Roxxxanne, What makes you think the impeachment of Bush will be a witchhunt?

I don't think it would be but some people might try to spin it as such. It is essential that any future impeachment be a bi-partisan undertaking.
0 Replies