How Kaavya lost it!

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 12:21 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaavya_Viswanathan

http://www.gawker.com/news/kaavya-viswanathan/

What do you think about the whole issue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 841 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 01:01 pm
ah, yes, spidergal. The woman accused of plagiarism. I really have no comment, Miss India, as I haven't been following the story. Frankly, I hope all goes well for her, but her best seller has been pulled from the shelves, no?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 01:03 pm
Letty wrote:
ah, yes, spidergal. The woman accused of plagiarism. I really have no comment, Miss India, as I haven't been following the story. Frankly, I hope all goes well for her, but her best seller has been pulled from the shelves, no?

Yes, and her her $50000 two book deal with Little Brown cancelled too.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 01:17 pm
Hey, Miss India, I found my response. Things are getting weird. Well, I have read story after story about people who stole other people's stuff. Often they get by with it. How sad that such a promising career must be so tarnished.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 01:19 pm
Letty wrote:
Hey, Miss India, I found my response. Things are getting weird. Well, I have read story after story about people who stole other people's stuff. Often they get by with it. How sad that such a promising career must be so tarnished.

You may sympathize with her...but Letty, 40 passages!

Thats 5% of her novel. Why would anybody? That's the question.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 01:24 pm
I don't know, spidergal. Often students in prestigious universities are pressured to publish. We may never know the full story behind her motives.
0 Replies