Are people really victim when it comes to beign raped?

Chai

Sun 21 May, 2006 01:52 pm
kickycan wrote:
Scopame, puttana amorosa! Lo prendi! Lo prendi tutto!

well, I didn't even HAVE to translate THAT!
0 Replies

kickycan

Sun 21 May, 2006 02:09 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
kickycan wrote:
I'll second that guess.

Now who wants to empathize with me about the rape of my soul by corporate America? I think a case could be made that that did some real serious psychological damage, but where is MY support group!? Where are the defenders of MY dignity!!??

http://www.erha.org/erhastore/images/quarter.jpg

Thanks, Shewolf. I knew that you would be there to support me in my time of need.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sun 21 May, 2006 02:27 pm
Why can't you call Kicky a two-bit whore?

Because he'll beat you to death with a bag of quarters.
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Mon 22 May, 2006 12:17 am
Quote:
But to tell someone that they are 'silly' and to -get over it- when discussing a subject such as rape, where women are OFTEN told those same reasons for dealing with a rape..
you lose a bit of credibility..

Uh hu, but you took that out of context. Indeed the context was 50 miles away.
Yeah, fair enough people. I concede that I should be less mean to people who say "the sky is never blue", but I think telling them not to be silly is fair measure.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 22 May, 2006 05:43 am
RaceDriver205 wrote:
Quote:
But to tell someone that they are 'silly' and to -get over it- when discussing a subject such as rape, where women are OFTEN told those same reasons for dealing with a rape..
you lose a bit of credibility..

Uh hu, but you took that out of context. Indeed the context was 50 miles away.
Yeah, fair enough people. I concede that I should be less mean to people who say "the sky is never blue", but I think telling them not to be silly is fair measure.

Man, what the f*ck are you talking about? The sky is never blue? If you're trying to say someone here is all doom-and-gloom, who are you talking about?
0 Replies

flushd

Mon 22 May, 2006 05:54 am
Laughing Well this thread has taken a weird turn. Why does someone always have to mention 'America' in every damn thread? seriously. It's creeping me out.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 22 May, 2006 06:44 am
Because we Americans must be aware of the victory in Iraq that is right around the corner. GOOD THINGS are being done in Iraq. I think. Somewhere. Maybe.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 22 May, 2006 07:17 am
america

there i said it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 22 May, 2006 07:19 am
Er... you wrote it, actually. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 22 May, 2006 07:22 am
kickycan wrote:

Thanks, Shewolf. I knew that you would be there to support me in my time of need.

Its only because i love you that I am funding such an important call for you.

Its from the heart.. totally..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 22 May, 2006 07:22 am
DrewDad wrote:
Er... you wrote it, actually. Laughing

its the american way

ahh.hell.
i did it again
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Mon 22 May, 2006 08:00 am
nimh wrote:
What is this "who appointed you to thread monitor" bullshit people pull when you post your reaction to some post and they dont agree?

I've never had cause to pull this "who appointed you thread monitor?" bullshit on you before. Indeed, given your normally sound and well-reasoned posts, I was rather surprised by your silly admonishment to Chumly. That being said, if you find that other members are constantly pulling this "who appointed you thread monitor?" bullshit on you, then that might give you reason to consider why your posts are viewed in that light.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 22 May, 2006 08:07 am
I always appreciate the irony when someone posts "who appointed you thread monitor." Somehow, I think it is lost on the poster.

Lighten up, Joe.
0 Replies

Chai

Mon 22 May, 2006 08:19 am
You're not the boss of ME, drew dad!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 22 May, 2006 08:20 am
Is today They Might Be Giants day on A2K?
0 Replies

material girl

Mon 22 May, 2006 08:21 am
Shall we get back to the topic.
0 Replies

nimh

Mon 22 May, 2006 08:27 am
joefromchicago wrote:
That being said, if you find that other members are constantly pulling this "who appointed you thread monitor?" bullshit on you, then that might give you reason to consider why your posts are viewed in that light.

Not necessarily on me, Joe, they dont necessarily pull it on me. I just see people pulling it, period - and I never get it - mostly because of the irony inherent in their posting that DrewDad just referred to.
0 Replies

kickycan

Mon 22 May, 2006 08:39 am
Yeah, but what does that have to do with the raping of my soul by corporate America?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 22 May, 2006 08:41 am
I think shewolf had it right.

(Selling out ain't the same as being raped....)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 22 May, 2006 08:46 am
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies