A funny thing happened at my surgeon's office!

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:25 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
You are all me.

That is pretty damn deep.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:25 pm
It sounds like something an ancient Chinese philosopher would say.
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:30 pm
Multiple personalities seem to be a big deal for some posters. I really don't care because I'm not going to get emotionally involved with an anonymous person on a message board.

But I have seen others hurt very badly by it. In fact, this post by Harper/Nikki/Roxxxanne makes me think that he/she is the cause of a great deal of hurt. I think this person posted as Nikki/Roxxxanne/eponine on Baltimoresun.com. As eponine he/she got a lot of posters to care about her and then posted as her sister saying that epo had committed suicide.

This blog shows a small part of what can happen when posters pretend to be what they are not.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:31 pm
I think Timber's alter ego is Freedom4Free, and that it is all just a vicious satire to discredit the left--and i must say, he'd doing a wonderful job.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:36 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
snood, didn't you post as snid one time? Or sneed? Or was it snod?

Yeah, I get it guys....

I just thought it'd matter that everything about someone is manufactured, - seems creepy.

Forget I brought it up. Won't happen again.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:39 pm
That's okay, snood. We'll just ignore it, like we ignore Whatsername. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:43 pm
snood wrote:
I just thought it'd matter that everything about someone is manufactured, - seems creepy.

Don't pout, it ill befits you.

Yes it matters if someone is "manufactured," but it doesn't matter to us--it matters to the person who has the kind of self-image problems which lead them to "create" a persona which they think will be more attractive--even if all they attract is criticism. That's attention of a kind, and attention is likely what is being sought. Look at the opening post of this thread. Roxxxxxannie wants to jerk somebody's chain--anybody's chain. S/he hoped that the post would draw a negative reaction, hoped that somebody would be offended or disgusted. It's sad, really.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:47 pm
I am Emmitt Smith.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 04:51 pm
wandeljw wrote:
snood wrote:
I'm gonna keep bumping this until someone (besides you roxxxanne - or whoever you are) offers up their comment about why they don't care whether someone here just makes up a whole false persona a few times, and sells it as themselves.

Posters with false personas are usually fun to read.

I checked your link, snood. It seems that not even Tico would consider this a relevant issue anymore. I hope you are not taking it seriously.

Relevant to me mainly in the sense that Roxxxxxanne/Chrissee/Harper/Nikki continues to deny it, and continues to accuse me of libeling her.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 05:04 pm
Tico - you're paying attention.

Sometimes that's all that people care about. Good attention/bad attention. It's attention.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 05:19 pm
Well, I think she's probably gotten all of mine she's gonna get.

...and, are you sure I'm not Booman?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 05:52 pm
I am Intrepid. I used to be Intrepid. I am still Intrepid. I have always been Intrepid. I will be the future Intrepid. I am the past Intrepid. I am currently Intrepid. I am what I am. I don't think I am smart/stupid enough to be somebody else. I always remember who I am because I am who I am. I am Intrepid. Oh, and I AM Canadian.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:13 pm
So, you're saying there's a pretty good chance you're Intrepid?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:20 pm
Well, Snood, then turn your attention to me.

I want some attention.

I want some attention RIGHT NOW!!!

Give me some attention, dadnabbit!

Somebody.

Anybody?

Pleeeeaaase?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:24 pm
I always thought it was daGnabbit.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:28 pm
Okay, .... HERE.

I'm attending.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:30 pm
snood wrote:
So, you're saying there's a pretty good chance you're Intrepid?

Very good chance indeed. Cool
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:33 pm
So..... you're not Denny Crane, T.J. Hooker OR James Tiberius KirK?
0 Replies

soozoo

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:47 pm
I've been wondering who this Intrepid characer is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:32 pm
I yam what i yam.
0 Replies