Cosmetic Surgery Tomorrow

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:43 am
I am really excited, not nervous, this surgeon I am going to is the best and has never had any problems in the OR. Being in sales, I consider the $18k as an investment. I figure if having a beter appearance only add 2k to my yearly income over the course of my career, I will be way ahead by the time I retire.

Maybe I will post some pix after I heal.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,608 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:45 am
What are you having done?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:45 am
I don't think a million dollars could help me, but good luck with your surgery, Roxxxanne.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:47 am
Yeah, what are you having done?

And why?

I am always curious to know why people choose to have surgery.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:14 am
Synonymph wrote:

After looking at your avatar, I am thinking maybe I should have BAS instead. Smile

Anyway, the specifics I want to remain private. However, I feel that the surgery is important because my career depends on my appearance. Secondarily, I am single and my new look will be much more appealing to other women.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:27 am
Well, good luck with whatever you're having done.

On Tuesday a colleague had some breast reconstruction done. She'd had a mastectomy years ago and wasn't ready until now to address it. They did a tummy tuck and took the extra stuff and used it in her breast.

Yesterday, Wed. she was really feeling it, you know the "got run over by a truck" thing. But today, she's in a lot less pain, and calling people on the phone. So, if you can get past the first 48 hours…..

I understand your not wanting to post what you're having done, but you've mentioned it before, so I am of course really curious…..Could you share in a PM? I won't tell. Not even that snoopy Bella.

Ah c'mon, I know you're dying to tell me….

And before and after pictures too, once you're healed.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:10 pm
Take care good care of yourself and I hope it goes well and without complications.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 09:02 pm
jespah wrote:
Take care good care of yourself and I hope it goes well and without complications.

Thanks! Wow! 12 hours to go! I have to work til 9pm tonight but at least ti was busy tonight and I got a few sales. I am going to need to pay this off in a year. My goal is to pay this off in a year, I got 0% for one year.

July 9th is one year at my current company and if I am not promoted, I will be looking for another opportunity. Everybody agrees that with my experience and talent, drive and ambition, I should be knocking down six figures easy.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 09:52 pm
Wishing you well, Roxxxanne. Take care of yourself.

Chai Tea wrote:
They did a tummy tuck and took the extra stuff and used it in her breast.

That is so cool. Two-for-one. Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 10:04 pm
Best of luck - hope your expectations are more than met, that your fears are unrealized, and that your recuperation be swift, comfortable, and uneventful.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:00 pm
Hey Roxy,
It'll be a peice of cake!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 07:37 pm
Wow! I am effing devastated, or was! Wheeled into OR, the nurse saw this cyst on my back, he had my surgeon look at it, he said can't operate today, turns out it was infected and it's a good thing they didn't overlook it.

So I got a new hairdo instead...
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 07:44 pm
Wow, sorry to hear about the delay and the cyst. That sucks! Sad I'd hate to be all psyched up for something big like that and then have to put it off. I hope the cyst is nothing serious.

Glad you got yourself a new 'do, at least! How long will it be till you can get the surgery?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:24 pm
Wishing you well, Rox :-D

Sorry to hear of the delay, but I bet your hair looks nice ;-)
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:39 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Wow, sorry to hear about the delay and the cyst. That sucks! Sad I'd hate to be all psyched up for something big like that and then have to put it off. I hope the cyst is nothing serious.

Glad you got yourself a new 'do, at least! How long will it be till you can get the surgery?

First, I have to wait for t he lab results to see what caused the infection. I went today to have my dressing re-done, the doctor seems to think that it is not anything serious but I just have to wait.

Then, I havwe to find out when my surgeon has an opening. He is considered the best in his field and stays booked up.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:42 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Synonymph wrote:

After looking at your avatar, I am thinking maybe I should have BAS instead. Smile

Anyway, the specifics I want to remain private. However, I feel that the surgery is important because my career depends on my appearance. Secondarily, I am single and my new look will be much more appealing to other women.

If it is so private, why did you post THIS
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:48 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Synonymph wrote:

If it is so private, why did you post

That part of it is not private. What is YOUR problem?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:49 pm
Montana wrote:
Wishing you well, Rox :-D

Sorry to hear of the delay, but I bet your hair looks nice ;-)

Thank you so much!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:50 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Synonymph wrote:

If it is so private, why did you post

That part of it is not private. What is YOUR problem?

I don't have a problem. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 09:00 pm
You obviously do but it is YOUR problem, not mine.
0 Replies