I Miss Abuzz...

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 10:51 am
Just imagine how much it would hurt if you were in Iraq under the iron hand of Saddam Hussein! I'm proud to note, however, that thanks to our stalwart President's bold plan, victory in Iraq is just around the corner!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:09 am
Speaking of hitting, isn't it wonderful how our visionary president lets nothing stand in the way of his winning strategy, strongly striking a blow for democracy!?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:45 am
I hit my thumb with a hammer once and consoled myself with the thought that the excruciating pain I was feeling was just like that of the Iraqi people before President Bush came up with his brilliant plan to achieve the victory of democracy in Iraq.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:45 pm
Sounds to me like you've been out in that Southern California sun for too long a time.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:48 pm
Today was retard day at A2K. They all came out to play.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:09 am
cjhsa wrote:
Today was retard day at A2K. They all came out to play.

Don't cry in public, it's not becoming.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:37 am
Too bad Abuzz is gone. It would give all these 'tards a better place to play.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:43 pm
You think the UN is coming to steal your guns, and you call other people retarded.

fast cars and revolvers! Ted Nugent for President! Yeee-hahhhh!

Idiot.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 05:44 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay, Snood . Now I'm gonna have to add another one of your quotes to my sig line. You've been on a roll!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 06:06 pm
So, did all the Abuzzards run over to A2K?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 06:53 pm
Miller wrote:
So, did all the Abuzzards run over to A2K?

A lot of us did. When I joined Abuzz, early in 2001 it was a a fascinating place. There are some people, MaryPope, Himself and others, who didn't make it to the finish line, whom I will always remember. Even some of the wingnuts (right, left and space cadet) could be interesting and creative in their use of the site. The conversations on the political threads were civil and informative even when the points of view were widely divergent. On the down side it had the worst spell checker I have ever encountered. The last year and a half were a disaster. I think the NY Times closed it down as much out of embarrassment has for the cost savings.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:23 pm
I still miss abuzz when I cruising for a fight. I stuck around to the bitter end even though I joined A2K at the time.

Back then A2K was so ultra polite that I found it hard to talk about anything. Now I hear that A2K members do most of their dirty work using PMs. And sometimes it can feel like you showed up at the sorority party with a raging case of head lice.

But I do love A2K. I love that people can't steal your name and post a bunch of crud that you spend a day trying to figure out. There are some people that I would give my right arm to know in person who post in this forum.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:21 pm
snood wrote:
You think the UN is coming to steal your guns, and you call other people retarded.

Idiot.

I doubt you've ever listened to Ted speak. I doubt you ever listen to anyone. Name calling is childish, so telling.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:40 pm
boomerang wrote:
There are some people that I would give my right arm to know in person who post in this forum. Especially that Slappy Doo Hoo. I may even consider giving both my arms to know him

It's ok, and I appreciate the support from my fans. However, I could never take an arm, or two, from you.

A good chunk of your ear will do.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 09:10 pm
cjhsa wrote:
snood wrote:

Idiot.

I doubt you've ever listened to Ted speak. I doubt you ever listen to anyone. Name calling is childish, so telling.

Yeah, sorta like callin' people 'tards, huh Billy-Bob?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:40 pm
I reckon that's 1-0 to Snood... (I'll just check with the Roumanian judge).
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:10 am
Shapeless wrote:

I hope I didn't give the impression that I was envisioning that. Abuzz was no utopia! As I said, it's pretty much the organization of the categories that I miss... they were thorough enough that it actually helped filter some of the idiocy into specific places and made them easy to avoid.

A2K is being rewritten as a custom application from scratch instead of the hodgepodge of opensource applications and modifications it currently is.

One of the first things I did was change the category structure to allow nested categories. This makes it possible to have a lot more of them (I have already created over 200 on the development site).

The new site is still a while away (a few months) but that's something that always bothered me too.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:12 am
Acquiunk wrote:
On the down side it had the worst spell checker I have ever encountered.

Nah, the one here at A2K has got to be worse.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:41 am
dlowan wrote:
...like the Ted Kennedy schtick that the loony right are doing all over the place...

We prefer "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy," thank you.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 03:53 am
boomerang wrote:
There are some people that I would give my right arm to know in person who post in this forum.

I hope you're not right-handed.
0 Replies