short term to influence gasoline prices

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 05:14 am
Do you think the last sentence of the following passage is right from grammar; is it needed to replace "be done short term" by "be done in short term", or do any other modification? Thanks.

Robert Ebel: I don't care whether there's a Democratic Admininstration in place or a Republican Admininstration in place. There's little that can be done short term to influence gasoline prices.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 480 • Replies: 2
No top replies

smog

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 12:00 am
Re: short term to influence gasoline prices
Quote:
Robert Ebel: I don't care whether there's a Democratic Admininstration in place or a Republican Admininstration in place. There's little that can be done short term to influence gasoline prices.

That is correct, pretty much.

To improve it, though, I would add a hyphen, like this:
Quote:
Robert Ebel: I don't care whether there's a Democratic Admininstration in place or a Republican Admininstration in place. There's little that can be done short-term to influence gasoline prices.

Or maybe, if you want to avoid hyphens:
Quote:
Robert Ebel: I don't care whether there's a Democratic Admininstration in place or a Republican Admininstration in place. There's little that can be done in the short term to influence gasoline prices.
0 Replies

ddlddlee

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 08:58 am
Thank you very much for your reply.
0 Replies