~~Deep Breath here, ok...I QUIT MY JOB!~~~

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:04 am
OK, I am laying a £5 bet that all of you receive some form of apology over the next few days. Probably a phone call to the one he can most easily talk to, getting him/her to talk all the others into coming back.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:11 am
Look at it this way-- now you've got just that much more time to waste posting here! Laughing
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:41 am
Hey All.....WHOOOO, can I SAY...I'm RECHARGED!!!!!

WE had a big storm here yesterday morning, and the lights have been out since then....I was desperate enough to ride my 4 wheeler down to my FIL's and sit on his porch to steal electricity to give me something to do...lol, recharge my batteries to my cell and lap top...they need to come on and get us back on!!!!!!!

Desperate eehhh? You betcha!!!!

Quote:
Congratulations.

Good for you.

I wish I had the guts to do the same.

TY, Jim...that took me more nerve than I thought I had....I won't lie, I cried for 2 days...I was so upset. I just don't quit...and not like that....but I did. Enough was enough...

Quote:
Good on ya, MMS. Maybe it's time you started your own business rather than help some knucklehead run his. Just a thought.

FreeDuck...I have had an online business in the works for about 2 months now, just didn't have time to work on it...guess I will now...lol Thats one of my goals, is get that completely up and running....

Quote:
The fact that 2 other people left as well shows he has a problem on his hands.Leave him to deal with it and i hope you go onto bigger and better things.

Yep..technically, we have two more that have given him their two weeks notices...and 3 more that said they are...but we know how people talk...and then don't do nothing about it. If they don't...I don't blame them...its their lives and I don't have to live it for them. I just hope he see's where he's went wrong and tries to fix it.

Quote:
The FIVE of you? Blimey, how many are left?

Duckypoos hit it on the head.....maybe you lot could set up as his rival?

Enjoy the break, get a tan and good luck with whatever you end up choosing to do.

Thanks LE.....Sopposedly 6 of us...there won't be anyone left but his son, daughter and soon to be step-daughter. HUmmm..hate that for him.

Thought about setting up his rival......they'd have me, have already asked. But..I think I'm going to pass, I just thought Cold hearted was hard to work for, I have heard bigger horror stories about the competition.

Quote:
MMS - Congratulations and Hurray for you for recognizing you needed to be out of that situation, and actually removing yourself.

(I quit my job last Thursday. Not abusive, just WAAAAY too much time sitting around thinking)

Freeducks exactly right. Time to start your own business.

Whatta ya know about selling plants? There may be a business for sale in your area real soon.

TY, Squinney....

I never had anytime to think at that job, but I can understand your thoughts about that too....

Funny you mentioned selling plants...lol, Coldhearteds greenhouse business, was one of my husband ideas...he'd come up with. Coldhearted took it and run with it...money is more easily available to him than us. Everything my husband talked about, coldhearted has done.....humm...

Quote:
OK, I am laying a £5 bet that all of you receive some form of apology over the next few days. Probably a phone call to the one he can most easily talk to, getting him/her to talk all the others into coming back.

NAWWWW Shocked ..he's not going to call, he's a pig headed as I am....LOL, which is saying alot!!!

And he's still bad mouthing me....shame on him.

I have been with him for 5 years, have worked with numerous sinusitus infections, bronchitus, flu, double ear infections....vertigo...you name it, crippled up and not able to walk very well....the list goes on. I haven't missed but one day in those 5 years due to being sick, and missed 3 other days, due to funerals. And he told them that by me quitting, just showed how unreliable I was!!! LOL (Whatever!)

Quote:
Look at it this way-- now you've got just that much more time to waste posting here!

Thats what I thought till the FRIGGIN' lights went out...LOL

And my batteries are fading fasssssssssssstttt! Somebody come and get me!!!!! LOL Embarrassed Embarrassed Shocked
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:43 am
Stop using those batteries for that, ahem... massaging device, and you should have plenty of power! Laughing
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:44 am
I'm glad you're enjoying it, shiver. Live it up! Now you just need to get together with the other people that quit with you and decide what to do to get back at your former employer. :wink:
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:56 am
Quote:
Stop using those batteries for that, ahem... massaging device, and you should have plenty of power!

HA, Had to use them for the flashlight!!! LOL :wink:

Quote:
I'm glad you're enjoying it, shiver. Live it up! Now you just need to get together with the other people that quit with you and decide what to do to get back at your former employer.

Would enjoy it better if I had lights!! Naww...there won't be "Gettin' Back" at him. What goes around comes around...all I have to do is sit back and wait...and have no hand in it...lol
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 12:51 am
WOW. Sending happy,happy vibes. Wooohooo, now you can take some time and decompress from all the stress this man has brought to your life.
You're a tough cookie and I'm looking forward to hearing about your next adventure.
This online business sounds intriguing.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:30 am
Time to recharge YOUR batteries - mentally as well as physically.

I am pleased you quit. It sounds like it was the right thing to do. We spend the majority of our lives in a workplace/working. It should at the very least be bearable!

Good on ya girl!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 09:12 am
makemeshiver33 wrote:

Funny you mentioned selling plants...lol, Coldhearteds greenhouse business, was one of my husband ideas...he'd come up with. Coldhearted took it and run with it...money is more easily available to him than us. Everything my husband talked about, coldhearted has done.....humm...

Sounds like your husband needs to stop telling Coldhearted his ideas and start telling them to you.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 11:30 pm
Quote:
!WOW. Sending happy,happy vibes. Wooohooo, now you can take some time and decompress from all the stress this man has brought to your life.
You're a tough cookie and I'm looking forward to hearing about your next adventure.
This online business sounds intriguing.

Flushd....I really really appreciate that! Honestly, the stress was beginning to take its toll on me. I had a constant headache for the last two months, practically non-stop. My blood pressure, which is usually normal was running stroke level. And not to count, the stress was taking its toll on my body. The mental fatigue in itself was turning me into a grouch ass from hell...and I was beginning to have sleepless nights, laying there staring at the ceiling for hours on end. I was feeling so....used and abused...it was crazy. Doing what I was doing in a 8-10 hour period in one day, my feet and ankles were dying on me....besides, I was doing the job of three people..without any help. Part of me is proud to be home...and to be here with my children once school is out. And part of me...feels like I'm sopposed to be at work.

But..I haven't had a headache in a week.....now. I was eating Excedrins like candy, along with pain pills at night, hoping to kill the headache or knock me out one. It didn't work...for either.

I haven't had any of the three one in over a week, headache, Excedrine or a pain pill......YEAH!

Quote:
I am pleased you quit. It sounds like it was the right thing to do. We spend the majority of our lives in a workplace/working. It should at the very least be bearable!

Heeven...Thank you! I've been so wishy-washing on the whole deal..not knowing exactly how to feel...about my quitting. I'm just not one to quit....But I think today I slowly realizing that it was very much the right thing to have done, ....its going to work out great, and I have to keep telling myself that! I'm just going to have to get used to the idea of lil ole me...not having a paycheck. Which bites! That part makes me feel so desperate.

(I worked hard to gain my independence, and don't want to loose it now)

Quote:
Sounds like your husband needs to stop telling Coldhearted his ideas and start telling them to you.

Freeduck....lol, we laughed about it at first. Thought it was funny how he took my husbands idea and run with it. To see him sitting on the side of the highway...or should say~his girlfriend sitting there for hours on end, not selling a single plant is even funnier.

And it actually started out as a joke. Mr.Shivers mentioned quitting his job back in the winter, during his stint at being sick...he made the joke of becoming a truck farmer, which was aimed at me. My reply to him was.."Ya...as long as you can mow between the rows!" His reply was, "Well, thats why your getting that education, to support me in my old age, so I can do nothing all day, but sit back in the shade and sell watermelons."

Shocked ya..uhhumm...sure!

But it was a joke made in their presence, which led to the conversation of how well a greenhouse would go over in this area..which led to Mr.Shivers making the comment, that he'd like to do that. And you know the rest of the story....

LOLOLOLOLOL

So...here's to hoping its feast, rather than famine around here..CHEERS! LOL
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:42 am
Excedrins won't knock you out. I'm pretty sure they contain caffeine.

Anyway, when you need to keep taking OTC medicine to keep it together for a job, it's long past time to quit.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 12:13 pm
Hi Jespah...

Yea...the Excedrins, I was taking during the day...I don't touch them late in the evening because of the caffiene. I cherish my sleep...when I get it. lol

And your not kidding on its past time to quit. I was so sick of the headaches..it was one constant nagging pain. It surprised me..when I realized I haven't had one in a week...

Part of the reason for the pain pill was the headache...but the other part, which I've noticed hasn't happened in a 4 or 5 days, is the fact that my teeth was bothering me, so badly. It was almost as if they or I had ...I dunno how to say this, impacted them. They hurt..so bad, and it wasn't just one, it was all of them. It was coinciding with the headache...

I think about it now, I'm wondering if I was clinching my teeth..or gritting them at work, and also in my sleep? And didn't realize it.... It was when I was away from the store and finally relaxed that they started to hurt..? But that has went away also...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 02:21 pm
Quote:
think about it now, I'm wondering if I was clinching my teeth..or gritting them at work, and also in my sleep? And didn't realize it.... It was when I was away from the store and finally relaxed that they started to hurt..? But that has went away also...

I think your diagnosis is probably correct.

Let's double check: Law Enforcement work, chasing the bad guys, seemed nice and relaxing compared to the store?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 10:08 pm
Quote:
Let's double check: Law Enforcement work, chasing the bad guys, seemed nice and relaxing compared to the store?

LMAO...I KNNNOOOWWWWWWW.......Am I crazy? I've wondered....

Noddy..have I told you lately that I loved you...lol, your such a hoot, and so straight up with advice, I hope one day to rise to your level of wisdom! :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 07:38 am
MMS--

Thanks for the kind words.
0 Replies