~~Deep Breath here, ok...I QUIT MY JOB!~~~

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:39 pm
Yes...I said that, I quit!
No notice, no warning, just quit.
I have had it!

My boss, whom I've nicknamed ColdHearted has gotten incredibly hard to deal with in the last few months, this man...I have been best friends with for the past 20 years....This man...pissed me off to no end this afternoon, and enough is enough.

Part of me is screaming.."WHAT IN THE HELL DID YOU DO?"

The other part is jumping up and down in total happiness!!!

So..what happened?

Coldhearted has allowed each one of us that works for him the priveledge of a charge account.

Each Friday, on payday, we pay up...no biggie.

Today, I only paid half of mine, I have a couple of bills due Monday. This has never bothered him before, for me to do this. He knows that I'm good for it...that each one of us are good for it, for that fact.

He looked over my account, my other cooks account, and the store managers account, and got pissed off.

Told *D to pull the charge accounts. That no one would have one anymore. He was done! That the only reason he has allowed us to have a charge account to begin with is the fact that if he didn't, we'd just steal it from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
He didn't name ME, but no one was singled out, I was basically included in this statement....

WHAT? EXCUSE ME? I may be alot of things, but a Friggin' thief is NOT ONE OF THEM! IF I was stealing, WHY WOULD I BOTHER TO CHARGE ANYTHING TO START WITH?

This was the straw that broke the camels back, I'm done. I have been talked to like a dog....mistreated, and not allowed to have a break..and thats working 10 hours at a time, and we have no place to sit down.

I've worked there for 5 years...and I have worked like a dog to make that business into what it is now. So has D, it just doesn't make sense to me or her, why the change in him...
(we have our ideas, but I can't share them on the web)

Thats not everything, just the parts I feel comfortable enough to tell on him in here...he's arrogant, selfish and has no respect for those that are working for him, making his money.

But we are all just thieves??

The sad part is, I'm not the only one that quit, there were two more that quit with me! He's so damned perfect, let him work in his own business!

But the part that bothers me the most is the fact, that I have been friends with him for so long, I have stood behind this man during his divorce, spent hours on the phone playing therapist, have built him up in his employees eyes...telling them, he's not all that bad. I have stood up for him with many people, telling them that he's a great man, that he's always been there for me...and on and on and on...to have it end like this???

My feelings are so hurt, to think that he thought that little of me...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,934 • Replies: 34
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:45 pm
Oh man....

Seems like this was a long time coming. Hope you find something else that lets you keep a little dignity.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Quote:

My feelings are so hurt, to think that he thought that little of me...

Wouldn't it be better to say that you thought that much of him that his actions brought sudden disillusionment.

The fewer scapegoats and punching bags Mr. Coldheart has, the sooner he's going to have to up and face his real problems.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

before i even finish reading your entire post I just wanted to
--
http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000035.gif
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:50 pm
I hope that this helps him to see what is going on.
And if it is drug addiction, brain tumor, or just being mean, I hope it comes to light for him.

I dont think he thinks LITTLE of you at all.. I think he just DOESNT think of you, and coming from someone like him who has been a friend for a long time , that can be very painful.

But his actions dont define you. Or you would be a mean old angry bitch sitting right next to him.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 09:10 pm
Quote:
Oh man....

Seems like this was a long time coming. Hope you find something else that lets you keep a little dignity.

Yeah Soz, it has been. I just hate it ended up this way.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to say that you thought that much of him that his actions brought sudden disillusionment.

Your right as always Noddy. I've cried all evening, still wanting to cry over it. I just feel as though he's betrayed all of us....

Quote:
before i even finish reading your entire post I just wanted to

Thank you Shewolf...Part of is wanting cry, the other part is day dreaming about taking my kids to school in the mornings, being home all day working in my yard, spring cleaning my house, working on my online business that needs some pushing, and ebaying.

Its not that I HAVE to have my paycheck, I mean, I do...I just liked and honored my independence, so I want a payday!....

And yes, we will have to cut back on some things.

The husband thinks I need to just stay at home this summer, I may.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 09:15 pm
Quote:
hope that this helps him to see what is going on.
And if it is drug addiction, brain tumor, or just being mean, I hope it comes to light for him.

Alcohol!

Quote:
I dont think he thinks LITTLE of you at all.. I think he just DOESNT think of you, and coming from someone like him who has been a friend for a long time , that can be very painful.

He doesn't...I've known it for some time, but just denied it. The way he's talked to me the last few months told on him....

Quote:
But his actions dont define you. Or you would be a mean old angry bitch sitting right next to him.

Yep....The ones I have shared this with this evening are in total shock. I have had many people over the last few months tell me if it wasn't for D and myself, that he'd have no business. We are HIS business...we built that store to be what it is today....he just runs people off.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 10:47 am
MMS--

You've earned a three month holiday.

Perhaps some hot day in July, Mr. C. will crawl up your driveway on his belly and you'll be big enough to let him drink from the dog's water dish.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 10:54 am
makemeshiver, I haven't the time to read this entire thread but might I say that I am quite surprised to discover that you were employed.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 11:01 am
If he had you working for 10 hours at a time without a break, he's lucky you didn't report him. Don't the laws require a 30 minute break for each eight hours you work? You may have lost the job, but he lost a lot more.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 12:55 pm
Quote:
You've earned a three month holiday

YEP...I think so too...

Quote:
makemeshiver, I haven't the time to read this entire thread but might I say that I am quite surprised to discover that you were employed.

Quite a shock isn't it, ehhh?

Quote:
If he had you working for 10 hours at a time without a break, he's lucky you didn't report him. Don't the laws require a 30 minute break for each eight hours you work? You may have lost the job, but he lost a lot more.

Yeaaa...he's lucky I didn't report him, I thought about bringing in the labor board a couple of months ago...but didn't.

And yes, we have laws that mandate a break, If I'm not mistaken, I believe its actually sopposed to be a 10 minute break every 2 hours, and if you work for over X amount of hours, than you are allowed a 20-30 minute lunch break. Which we never recieved.

Its all coming to a head down there...right now as we speak. Not only have I quit, but 4 others have today...All that leaves is him, his daughter, son, the future step-daughter and ..umm,...ummm, no one else.

That will leave him running his own business....Gee, don't ya just hate when things work out like that?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 01:01 pm
Yes, it's so sad when someone recieves their just deserts. I hope you left him with a nice parting shot. Like the words of Stewie Griffin, "Mark my words: one day, your upance will come!" Smile
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 01:13 pm
LOL

Actually, I quit in the worst way possible. I didn't do it face to face. Actually, none of us have...

The reason: He wants to talk behind our backs...feels the need to put each one of us down to the other one..., we feel he doesn't deserve the benefit of the face to face rituals of a ..."I QUIT". Screw him!

The five of us walking out on him, is our way of...well, being ugly about it. Its going to leave him hanging....and very unhappy.

He thinks were all worthless....Well, I guess we all can be than right?

And yes...I know, not a cool way to do it...but he's left us no choice in the matter. He deserves what he gets...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 01:14 pm
Better fill that dog dish.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 01:24 pm
Quote:
Better fill that dog dish.

I can't come up with that much spit!

I hate to feel that way about it, but...thats the way I feel about it right now.

No amount of money would get me back down there....I'm done. And I usually stick to my word.....

Sidenote: His latest endeavor was building a greenhouse (100ft/40ft) to sell flowers out of. They have over 40,000 plants in this house....

He's been sitting on the side of the store parking lot for the last two days and hasn't sold a single plant.

The reason: No one likes him, and knows he's going to try to rip them a new one.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 07:42 am
Congratulations.

Good for you.

I wish I had the guts to do the same.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:49 am
Good on ya, MMS. Maybe it's time you started your own business rather than help some knucklehead run his. Just a thought.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:57 am
I heard for evry hour you work you earn 15 minutes break.
ANyhoo,well done to you for quitting.
The good thing about a job i that its yours and if you want to leave it, you can.

If he doesnt appreciate you you shouldnt give a flying fiddle about him!!!

The fact that 2 other people left as well shows he has a problem on his hands.Leave him to deal with it and i hope you go onto bigger and better things.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 08:59 am
The FIVE of you? Blimey, how many are left?

Duckypoos hit it on the head.....maybe you lot could set up as his rival?

Enjoy the break, get a tan and good luck with whatever you end up choosing to do.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:01 am
MMS - Congratulations and Hurray for you for recognizing you needed to be out of that situation, and actually removing yourself.

(I quit my job last Thursday. Not abusive, just WAAAAY too much time sitting around thinking)

Freeducks exactly right. Time to start your own business.

Whatta ya know about selling plants? There may be a business for sale in your area real soon. Laughing
0 Replies