Old Geezer Exam

Chumly

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 10:35 pm
Old Gezzer Exam

I got 12-16 Correct: Not quite dirt yet, but your mind is definitely muddy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 880 • Replies: 16
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:02 pm
I'm mind bloated. Not only that, I argue with one of the answers and suspect I'm right.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 05:53 am
19 correct!

Oh terrific I'm older than dirt with a bloated (although supremely gifted)mind...

(has anybody seen my spectacles?)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:06 am
I got 8, im sooooo young.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:17 am
ossobuco wrote:
I'm mind bloated. Not only that, I argue with one of the answers and suspect I'm right.

Which answer?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:18 am
I aced the test and they said I was older than the stuff that was around before dirt.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:26 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I aced the test and they said I was older than the stuff that was around before dirt.

You've still got primordial ooze between your toes.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:28 am
14... and not even 40 yet. I'm a gezzer before my time.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:26 am
17 right.

I paid close attention when my parents talked about life in the '40s.

Not that my mind isn't a bit muddy.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:36 am
15. Some of which I picked up by reading Steven King. I'm not sure if that's sad or not.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:48 am
George, re polio. That was the early 50's in my memory, whereas smallpox and diphtheria were more 40's. On the other hand, I was a little young to have an overview of it..
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:50 am
I got 16 right, I'm over the hill at 30.

I did have a pair of skates with the clamps when I was a kid. My grandfather would encourge me to use them bright and early in the morning on the weekends. I don't think the neighbors appreciated his sense of humor.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:11 am
ossobuco wrote:
George, re polio. That was the early 50's in my memory, whereas smallpox and diphtheria were more 40's. On the other hand, I was a little young to have an overview of it..

Yeah, that was one I hesitated on, too. I picked polio because I recall it
having been talked about so much when I was little (in the early fifties).
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:18 am
I got ALL 20 correct!

kaff kaff....wheeze...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:20 am
ossobuco wrote:

19- out of 20. I think that Butch Wax was a bit before my time.

When I lived in the city, my parents would send me to summer camp, out in the country, to lessen the chances of contracting polio.

I remember that one of the girls on my block, who was about a year younger than I was, contracted polio the year before the Salk vaccine came out. She became stunted, and all bent over. It was such a pity, as she was a brilliant person.

Quote:
The 1950s are often considered to be a safe and quiet decade when American families moved to the suburbs, drove large modern automobiles, and enjoyed a stable and prosperous economy. But beneath this tranquil scene, parents faced a great fear-the dreaded poliomyelitis, or polio as it is commonly known. The disease had killed over thirteen hundred Americans (a large percentage were children) and crippled more than eighteen thousand more in the year 1954 alone. On April 12, 1955, American received the much-welcomed news that Dr. Jonas Salk had developed a vaccine against the frightening disease. Immediately, the federal government implemented a plan to have the vaccine produced by six licensed pharmaceutical companies and distributed to children throughout the country. Within one year, the deaths attributed to polio declined by 50 per cent, and this downward trend continues to the present when polio has been totally eradicated in most of the world

http://www.eisenhower.archives.gov/dl/salk/salkdocuments.html
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:24 am
I didnt even see a test... just a bunch of some guy named Steve's stuff... I must really be a geezer.....
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 10:30 am
old geezer
look - i hit 16 ! (and some of those things happenend AFTER my mis-spent youth) . i'll sit back and pour myself a large one !

ahhh , nothing like a large glass of water at my age , supposed to be good for all kinds of things . hbg
0 Replies