Please help, experts, understanding the Fairer Sex!

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:00 pm
Hey Experts,

I haven't posted here in awhile, but I somewhat selfishly come here seeking your advice. Thanks for your thoughtfulness in advance!

I'm a college student, and in one of my classes I met a girl who is in my program of study. We've talked a few times over the past few weeks, and today we ran into each other in the library and I asked her out.

She seemed pleased, but told me that she just started seeing someone and maybe we could try it another time. She gave me her number, though, and said maybe coffee sometime would be fine.

Do I call her? Do I want to call someone who gives out their number even though she's seeing someone else? I'm really confused. I think I could really like her, but at the same time I don't want to interfere if she's involved with someone else.

I guess my inclination is to maybe wait a few days and then just send her an email to say hello and wish her well with her projects and stuff, but I really don't know. I want to be more assertive, but I don't want to be agressive, especially knowing that she's involved. I guess I'm saying, what does she want?

Geez, this sounds pathetic. Posting anyways.

Thanks friends,
S.O.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,055 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:08 pm
Not pathetic at all.

Call her; the other guy is a tool anyways, you're doing her a favor.

She wouldn't have given you the number if she wasn't interested. And you can always ask her later, after you start going out, to please break up with you before she starts giving her number out to other guys.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:17 pm
Take a chance. What have you got to lose? Otherwise, you've got nothing to talk about in the locker room.

One thing's for sure, today's opportunity overlooked is regret tomorrow and everyday thereafter.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:44 pm
Totally go for it. She just started seeing someone else. That means she's still not off the market. Smile

Worth a shot.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:55 pm
Go for it! All she can do is say, "No". Besides...she did give you her phone number...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:34 am
Yeah, what's THAT all about? "I'm seeing someone else, but here's my number..."? The more I think about it, the less trustworthy she sounds. Either she lied to you and there is no other guy or she's playing some other poor sap for a fool.

Sleep with her then dump her.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:39 am
Just coz a girl gives out her number doesnt mean she want sto sleep with the recipient.It just means she is being friendly and would like to stay in contact.
Maybe she decided to start seeing the other guy because YOU didnt ask her out earlier.

But I reckon, phone her, bug her constantly, be nice to her and she will dump her current guy.If they have just started seeing each other its not a solid partnership.

Go for it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:18 am
nothing is fair about sex... remember that.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:21 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
nothing is fair about sex... remember that.

Which would explain why so many guys cheat!

BA DUM BUM!
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:23 am
Call her. Take a chance. Like shiver said, the worst she can do is say "No". But what if she would have said "Yes" and you never knew? You'll never know unless you try.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:33 am
Its like this, you have a 50/50 chance, she's either going to say, "Yes, I'd love too", or "No".

You have nothing to loose, and the answer to your question to gain. And thats whether she's interested or not, and basically...she's already answered it to start with, when she handed you her phone number.

I know if I wasn't interested, I wouldn't have given it to you....I'd blowed you off before you ever got that far...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:37 am
Just be careful.

And don't forget to wear a raincoat!

Now, fly my little hatchling! Fly!
0 Replies

subtleone

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 10:51 am
Thanks
Hey, thanks everyone for weighing in. If you have anything more to say, feel free to lay it on me. I guess I'll let you know how the cookie crumbles during the next few weeks....

Best.
0 Replies

Jian

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:09 pm
just follow your feeling
your feeling for her is there. You gotta make it somewhat real so that you can have confusion go away. ask her out to get to know her make things clear give you and her more choices

otherwise ask yourself if you can leave it halfway there without getting it completed.

choices get in the way constantly throughout our lives. She gave u number at the same time letting you know there is another guy, which reflects she is good, straightforward. She wants you to know it before everything gets started.

just ask her out casually, find out if she realy deserve your love
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:19 pm
Young grasshopper, a girl could give you much more subtle positive signs than offering her phone number. Definitely give her a call. Just because she's seeing someone else doesn't mean it's her boyfriend, and she's obviously open to seeing what else is out there.

Just don't go in with any expectations, set something up to hang out with her, and try not to make it too much like a "date." Like she said, coffee, ect. And don't even bring up once the fact she's seeing someone. You don't want to know, and you don't care.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:23 pm
Did she say "I'm seeing someone" as you stated in your original post, or did she say "I'm dating someone"? Those are two different things. Don't be put off just because she said "Let's try it again sometime". She may have just not wanted to seem too eager right out of the gate for whatever reason.
Call her and see what developes.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:35 pm
I always tell guys I am seeing someone whether I am or not. It is called playing hard to get.
0 Replies

subtleone

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:04 pm
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
Did she say "I'm seeing someone" as you stated in your original post, or did she say "I'm dating someone"? Those are two different things. Don't be put off just because she said "Let's try it again sometime". She may have just not wanted to seem too eager right out of the gate for whatever reason.
Call her and see what developes.

I just started seeing someone, she said. Thanks to all for your insights. Roxxxanne, thank you as well, but I think I believe this girl. Geez...why did I spend so long away from this site?

Oh, wait. There're creeps here, too. It's all comin' back. Somethin' about a J. Hmm...and a few L's. Heh.
0 Replies

lolol

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:25 pm
Surprised
0 Replies