Two trapped miners in Tasmania alive after hope was lost!

margo

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 09:35 pm
They bounced out of the lift, arms waving - just like the end of a normal shift - rasther than one that lasted 14 days - and may have ended in death!

Amazing!
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:54 pm
Wonderful news!

To see them romp out of that cage was incredible. Fourteen days together in a box 4' x 4'. Evidently if one wanted to turn over they both had to turn over. Talk about male bonding!!

NOW is the time for Beazely to go in, guns blazing!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 12:11 am
Sigh.....not sure if old uncle beazles has a lot of gunniness about him.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 05:11 am
Ha! I've just received this email from my Sis who lives near Beaconsfield (Tas)...SHE'S OFF TO SEE THE PRIME MINISTER!!

Relevant portion copy pasted......

"How are you all? Firstly, I've attached a copy of my invitation from our Prime Minister, John Howard, to fly to Canberra for a reception on Monday to say thank you for helping during the Beaconsfield Mine disaster. They've chartered three 737's to transport about 400 people to Canberra (about one and a half hour's flight away), and have afternoon tea with John, Janet, and a few other pollies - all expenses paid. We think it's a bit over the top and it would be have been nice if they'd just hired a venue in Launceston, provided afternoon tea and then
just the Ministers flown over here. Apparently, it's going to cost about
$200,000! Oh well, ***** [partner] is quite chuffed about it and is getting a day off work to come with me. My boss and her husband are also going, and 3 of our volunteers who also helped out. We fly out on Monday morning and return about 10pm on Monday."............

I assume that "pollies" means politicians, and not a flock of parrots (mind you, there's not much difference).

Alright for some, eh?..... I know her, she'll try to tell him that the money would have been better spent on schools or hospitals, knowing her. Probably end up being deported back here!
0 Replies