I'm worn out from arguing

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:53 am
can we all just agree that maybe bush just hasn't turned out to be that popular and let it go at that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,657 • Replies: 101
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:57 am
I could go along with that BVT.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:59 am
I know I shouldnt go on looks but he looks like a pratt and can he even string a sentence together?
Id love a guy that gets on with his golf swing instead of dealing with a serious terrorist attack to run the country im in!!
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 04:03 pm
Can't argue with you and don't want to! Hey, his approval rating in CT, Jomentum's state, is 24%! I hope Jomentum runs on that, the dumb Cluck! There isn't anything to argue, but there will always be those that drink the Kool Aid; the Broken Glass Republicans. They will literally crawl across broken glass to vote for the Republican Party. They don't know that party left them a looooonnnnng time ago. Are you going to tell them?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 04:15 pm
Whats th difference between George Bush and Vito Spadafore ?
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:14 pm
nope...tell me farmerman!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:26 pm
It's a sad day when you can't get an argument out of the Bear. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:38 pm
roger wrote:
It's a sad day when you can't get an argument out of the Bear. Crying or Very sad

Yep.

You're a poopity head.

Discuss.

Will that get an argument out of YOU?

Like.....we need to argue about something, right?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:01 pm
I think we can agree that President Bush is not widely popular, but that has nothing at all to do with whether his has been as effective an administration as could be reasonably expected. I think he's done alright under very difficult circumstances.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:07 pm
Many of the Bush apologists on the radio have lately taken the "historical perspective" and are stating that Lincoln was not popular toward the end of his first term and that Lincoln and Bush share the fate of greatness.

AHH HA HA HA HA HAAAA HA HA HA HA HA AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA HA AHA HA <(sniff) HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AHA
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:08 pm
The hate him in France as well as on the other side of the aisle. That makes him wildly popular with some of us.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:23 pm
Farmerman, as a student of history and of the Civil War era, that is the biggest bunch of "horse patoot" !!!! And yes, ha, ha, ha, ha, and Ha! and more! Jeebus!
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:25 pm
Those darn cheese eating surrender monkeys! MMMM give me some cheese and more Chardonnay, Bordeaux, and Pinot Noir! Good grief! The man is a mental midget!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 09:14 pm
If you are tired from your ceaseless and mindless criticism of the Bush Administration, by all means, take an extended break.

Sorry to disappoint you but your opinion, advanced or left static, has very little to do with The Truth.

That you, reliably, adhere to a monolithic negative view of the Administration only diminishes the credibility of your viewpoint.

If it is is as horrible as you suggest, does the citizenry of America really require the brilliance of your insight? Considering the fact that the majority of Americans voted in the bastard, you must argue that they were somehow duped. In reality you are all too quick to argue that they were stupid. Brilliant marketing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 12:34 am
So much for the truce....

"The Truth" in capital letters?

Huh???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:02 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Considering the fact that the majority of Americans voted in the bastard, you must argue that they were somehow duped. In reality you are all too quick to argue that they were stupid. Brilliant marketing.

Leaving aside that you have no basis for alleging that the Bear considers the majority of the electorate to be stupid (typical horseshit there), you are incorrect in your initial statement.

According to the Federal Election Commission, in the 2000 election:

Bush--50,456,002 votes, 47.87%

Gore--50,999,897 votes, 48.38%

Source

According to Wikipedia, in the 2004 election:

Bush--62,040,610 votes, 50.7%

Kerry--59,028,111 votes, 48.3%

Source

I was unable to find such results at the Federal Election Commission for the 2004 election. However, you have said that "the majority of Americans voted for the bastard." Also leaving aside the legitimacy of the Shrub's parentage, it is worth pointing out that in 2000, he did not even poll as many votes as his opponent. In 2004, as a sitting President in time of war (and before his approval ratings plunged into the toilet), he polled more votes than his opponent. However, in neither election did all Americans vote, and in neither election did a majority of all Americans vote for any candidate. When Presidential elections never attract more than, and usually fail to attract as much as, even 60% of all registered voters, one can never say of any candidate that a majority of Americans voted for the winner. This kind of "mandate" propaganda is, of course, useful for partisan ranters, though.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:13 am
Setanta:

Quote:
However, you have said that "the majority of Americans voted for the bastard." Also leaving aside the legitimacy of the Shrub's parentage, it is worth pointing out that in 2000, he did not even poll as many votes as his opponent.

Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:13 am
Thank God Gore didn't get it. After 9/11, he probably would have offerred OBL control of the Internet.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:14 am
Quote:
1. Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president?
April 21-23

Approve 32%
Disapprove 60%
Don't Know 8%

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/images/04/24/rel11a.pdf
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:21 am
Poll results are based more on what the media reports than what he's actually doing. So CNN and FOX say he's unpopular. Does it mean anything?

I'm unhappy about the immigration issue. Does that mean I'm not going to support Bush in his war on terrorism?

Polls like this are stupid. Why not ask "What do you think the president should be doing?". I doubt you'd get many coherent answers.
0 Replies