Girls and their ... MOOD SWINGS!!!

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:13 am
How do you deal with a girl who constantly has MOOD SWINGS?

I know, everyone has mood swings from time to time. But how do you SENSE or at least REALIZE that the girl you're talking to is not in the mood for..."romance" let's say? or emotional moments? or deep talk? what are the signs of that? how can you see it? I can't ask her everytime "what's your mood"...I have to try to know that by myself. Does anyone of you experience people have an idea of how that is done?

Big thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,251 • Replies: 12
No top replies

flushd

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:12 pm
Her body, her tone of voice, whether or not she has large amounts of chocolate in the near vacinity.

If you go to touch her and she gives out a low growl.....RUN!
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:16 pm
Yeah, but sometimes it's hard to tell. Lots of girls could be in a seemingly good mood, and then whamo, things change like the wind! But that's okay...take hints from her reactions. If you initiate "romance", and she refuses, thats clear enough, same with deep talk or anything. All you can do is go by her signals. People's moods change, so you can't expect that she'll always be in the mood for sex after dinner or in the morning or after work. But you can predict it somewhat reasonably by what you observe about her routines. But don't be surprised by the unexpected - that's what makes women interesting.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:50 pm
I think you've hit on something important, daniellejean. Maybe that's what makes cats interesting, too. That, or I've managed to luck out and get three manic-depressives.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 07:04 am
This isn't just an issue with women, of course. It's an issue with dealing with a gender that isn't your own. Basically, you need to read body language, vocal inflections and the like. Communications is only a little bit about what is actually said. It is also how it is said, how the person delivers the message, their tone and volume of voice, facial expressions, body language like I mentioned above, etc. Do not expect women to be like men or men to be like women. The whole Mars-Venus idea is very facile but the grain of truth to be had from it is that there are no one size fits all blueprints, and that the genders tend to come from different places, whether that is hard-wired genetically or comes from environment, who knows, but recognize that there are differences and expecting sameness will not work.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 10:03 am
roger wrote:
I think you've hit on something important, daniellejean. Maybe that's what makes cats interesting, too. That, or I've managed to luck out and get three manic-depressives.

Three manic-depressive cats or women, roger?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 11:30 am
Cats, but now that you mention it. . . .
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 02:15 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:07 pm
looks like she has depression. She told me about it, and how she lost all her senses of feeling, touch even taste. You know how it feels when you don't feel like doing anything and you sleep all day and get bored most of the time...pure depression :s
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:30 pm
I was just going to say that this isn't a "normal woman" thing.

Yes, we have mood swings. But so do men. And they should never be so bad that you have to walk on eggshells to be with her.

I hope she is getting help.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 04:27 pm
So do I.

I've suffered from depression several times. The right medication makes all the difference...but you have to find the right one. I hope you have good doctors where you are, vonderjohn.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:30 am
well yes we do have good doctors and a good reputation in medicine here.

she's on zoloft. and she'll probably be changing because of its side effects

what do you think?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 09:35 am
There are several classes of antidepressants. Her doctor is the one who should make the determination of what type she needs. If she has problems with side effects as you noted, there are always other options within the same class. Keep trying!
0 Replies