Stop Cruel Horse Slaughter

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 12:11 pm
*sigh*
God put animals on this earth. The food chain determins who eats who. A lion would not give a second thought to maiming and biting the neck of a gazelle until it is dead. And I am sure the gazelle is quite aware of what is going on and I am sure it hurts and I am sure the gazelle is scared out of it's wits.

We get the "cruel and horrific" and the lion gets "it's just his instinct. He doesn't know any better."

Well apparently we don't know any better either. I am against anyone treating an animal poorly. But I can't stand people who get all PETA crazy on us meat eaters.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 12:52 pm
Even the wimpy French eat horses. Wink
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:02 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
*sigh*
God put animals on this earth. The food chain determins who eats who. A lion would not give a second thought to maiming and biting the neck of a gazelle until it is dead. And I am sure the gazelle is quite aware of what is going on and I am sure it hurts and I am sure the gazelle is scared out of it's wits.

We get the "cruel and horrific" and the lion gets "it's just his instinct. He doesn't know any better."

Well apparently we don't know any better either. I am against anyone treating an animal poorly. But I can't stand people who get all PETA crazy on us meat eaters.

Perhaps you're just not talking to the right people. The reality is, people will continue eating animal products. My choice is not eating animal products. Period.

If you choose learning more about the FACTS regarding PETA, a link

http://www.peta.org/mc/factsheet_display.asp?ID=129
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:04 pm
That's funny. A "factsheet" about an organization based on lies, misinformation, and domestic terrorism.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:06 pm
cjhsa, ya know what's "funny"?

ignorance

have a nice day
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:11 pm
Ignorance is when you pretend to be a vegan. You're not, no matter what you think.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:23 pm
Are you kidding? The facts are PETA is nuts.

Check MY links. These are some of the things peta wants you to know...

And nothing else does? Plenty of vegetarians die too. Must be the tofu....
Cuz THIS is the only thing that makes kids fat....
My man eats meat and I have NO complaints...
Peta knows Jesus?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:27 pm
Peta has this website on their billboards...and this site notes Peta.

How much more ridiculous can you get????

Jesus Was A Vegetarian
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:32 pm
Stradee wrote:
wenchilina, laws were enacted for the purpose of protecting wild horses and burros. The laws specifically stated that free range animals could not be transported to slaughterhouses after capture. People that adopted the horses signed an agreement for keeping the animals for one year before the horses could be sold. Good law except now - with the oversees consumption of horsemeat <due to mad cow disease> Americas wild horses are rounded up, and sent to slaughter.

Yes, I have resuced horses, yes I have seen farm animals rescued from 'dead piles' at slaughterhouses, and also put in prison a rancher that delivered sick and lame animals to a stock yard. There are many instances of animal abuse, but you don't have to be a farmer, or rancher or own property to do something about the cruelty.

If you love horses, your voice for protecting them counts.

that law was simply unenforceable on a large scale and shied people away from buying as there was no profit to be made. mad cow has nothing to do with the BLM's yearly thinning of herds. in fact if you had your facts straight you'd know that the number of horses slaughtered in the US has declined EIGHTY percent since 1990. approx 60k in the US facilities - another 20k in Canada and approx 4k in Mexico from it's former 300k total. how many mustangs do YOU currently house? or at very least adopt and foot their bill for a year.

You failed to address my questions. How can responsible breeding/ownership be enforced? I asked you how many horses you've rescued and continue to rescue with the 80k+ available YEARLY JUST at the slaughterhouses alone. how many of them are permanently lame? where are 84k horses going to go? who's going to adopt them? there are thousands upon thousands of unwanted horses waiting for adoption NOW - how many are YOU fostering let alone adopting - how can the industry sustain 80k+ on top of that? do you propose simply euthanizing them? these issues have to be addressed before hissing in the general direction of slaughter.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 06:47 pm
I'm so pleased to tell you that last night, thanks to your action, the U.S. House of Representatives voted in a landslide -- 249-159 -- to ban the sale of wild horses for slaughter! Americans were outraged last December when a secret rider in a budget bill gutted the federal protections afforded to wild horses for 34 years, an action that allowed "killer buyers" last month to ship 41 mustangs to an Illinois slaughterhouse, which quickly killed these majestic animals so they could be served up on dinner plates in Europe and Asia.

U.S. Representatives Nick Rahall (D-WV), Ed Whitfield (R-KY), John Sweeney (R-NY), and John Spratt (D-SC) have led the charge to end horse slaughter. As Congressman Rahall stated after last night's victory, "The very notion that wild American horses would be slaughtered as a food source for foreign consumption abroad has struck a chord with the American people. Tonight, the people's House of Representatives acted on the will of its constituents."

Congressional offices told us they were flooded with phone calls and emails all week asking them to support the Rahall-Whitfield Amendment to the Interior Appropriations Bill, and I can assure you that your participation carried the day in this decisive victory for horses. You can click here to find out how your Representative voted. If your Representative voted "Aye," please thank him or her for protecting wild horses, and if your Representative voted "No," please let him or her know how disappointed you are. You can reach your U.S. Representative, John Doolittle, through the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121.

Our efforts for horses will now turn to the U.S. Senate, and the decisive margin of victory in the House will undoubtedly create momentum. If you would like to help us do even more to protect wild horses and pass other animal protection laws, please make a donation. The HSUS made this a priority and together we accomplished this great victory. Thank you so much for helping us win this critical legislative battle -- and for helping wild horses to run free again.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 07:23 pm
F--- HSUS. Terrorists operating under a banner of goodwill.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 07:26 pm
Waaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 07:29 pm
You like being a terrorist don't you?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 07:34 pm
That's good news, Stradee.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 07:36 pm
For those just popping in, HSUS is the Humane Society of the United States.

They are a Washington, D.C. based PAC that does not deal directly with animals. They are not your local shelter, no matter what their name is.

They are 100% anti-wildlife management, meaning, they'd rather see wild animals starve to death than be killed by a hunter for food. They are, in fact, the largest anti-hunting organization going.

They are the real deal behind PETA. PETA is nothing more than a puppet head for HSUS/Fund for Animals.

If you support these guys, you support organizations like PETA, who sells lies to your kids at school, and ALF, a known domestic terrorist group.

Prove me wrong.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 07:43 pm
ehBeth Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 12:58 am
Proof and truth are hard to come by.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:40 am
I am SO glad our government is working on and spending our tax dollars on protecting the animals of our country instead of the people. I can think of a million things that should have come up first....health care, poverty, homelessness, abandoned children...but no, screw our poor and down trodden...let's save the horses!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 11:45 am
Bella Dea, What do you expect from a government that treats our vets the way they do that returns from Iraq and Afghanistan with injury? They talk about "respect for our troops," but they're only sound bites that most Americans buy. They don't see the thousands of our vets with physical and mental injury from the war walking our streets homeless. Ignorance is bless.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 12:40 pm
Pick up your lower lips people.

All those issues you speak of are important - but the problem is
YOU'RE NOT SPEAKING LOUD ENOUGH!

Instead of complaining - do something about it!!!
0 Replies