Stop Cruel Horse Slaughter

Stradee

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 10:49 am
cjhsa ~

Thankyou for informative links, however, I choose not ingesting animal fats (especially horsemeat)

For those still purchasing animal "products" please see cjhsa's links.

Have a wonderful day ~
0 Replies

geff

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 09:27 pm
horse slaughter
I've been racing horses for most of my life and I can tell you that race horses that "don't make the grade" don't automatically end up at the slaughterhouse. I can get a lot more for a race horse from the Amish than I could selling it to be slaughtered. If these horses are sound and can be used for other things, they will be. Don't be ignorant.

Why would I sell my slow, but otherwise sound race horse to be slaughtered for $450, when I can sell him to the Amish at an auction for $1000 - $2000?

It's the horses that have no other uses that get sent to slaughter.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 08:38 pm
geff,

funny you should use you're first post to call me "ignorant".

Your argument doesn't hold water, as far as I'm concerned. The Amish must be up to their eyeballs in racehorses then.

You may also be interested in the fact that Americans overwhelmingly support the ban on horse slaughterhouses. We all must have reasons lost to you. Two bills are before committee now that will close remaining slaughterhouses operating in America today - the Senate expected to pass the bills. Texas banned horse slaughter - permenently closing two Belgium owned plants.

Healthy horses are slaughterd by "owners" that don't want the responsibiltiy of caring for horses any longer. Dealers buy unwanted horses at auction for the sole purpose of sending them to slaughter.

Do a bit of research and you'll begin understanding why most people, including responsible racehorse "owners" , are against horse slaughter in America.

In case you don't get it - animals are not ours to use, abuse, or exploit.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 10:49 am
Animals are not ours to use? Excuse me?

They're too damn tasty not to!!!
0 Replies

zeromyhero

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:51 am
animal slaughter
well really animal slaughter isnt that cruel if the animals are just going to be abadoned or left to fend for themselves. how many animals out there are running the streets just because their owners couldnt take care of them? way too many and they are just causing problems to not only us, but themselves as well. they are sick and hungry and most are beyond saving, and wouldnt it be cruel to let them stay like this when they could go on to a better place??
0 Replies

animallover123

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:28 pm
i think all animal slaughter is wrong. mostly because of the way they do it i mean pple have found humane ways of doing mostly anything why not killing animals. it is very sick, and disturbing
0 Replies

Zoe06

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 07:23 am
I think that even the race horses arnt hte ones that are suffering I did a mini serior project on teh Wild Free-Roaming Horse and Burro act. Whats very sad about this world that they created an act to keep these horses save in like 1917. They build shelters for the horses. Built fences coving thousands of acers to keep the horses safe. They did what ever was possible to keep teh horses safe. Back then horses were your life you relied on your horse but whats sad now is that the act that was created to protect those horses now is destroyed not literly but no one pays attention to it any more! That act not send 47,000 horses to acutions where 90% of the people at teh auctions are meat buyers. I love horses i own one myself and i would never think of selling her to a slaughter house but the problem is that when people need to get rid of there horse there are problems where someone say I'll take your horses where they will have a great life. The owners dont know that their horse is going to a slaughter house. So many horses killed and for what! MONEY! if france wants their horse meat then why dont they kill their horses not ours!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 03:53 pm
http://www.cnsnews.com/cartoon/Andersonimages/2003/Continue%20to%20beat%20dead%20horse.jpg
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 10:40 am
http://img.getactivehub.com/an2/custom_images/humane/c4_header_horses.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 11:53 am
HSUS is a bunch of retards. It's a Washington D.C. based PAC, not your local shelter. Get a clue.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 02:27 pm
THE HSUS FUND FOR ANIMALS
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 02:44 pm
You realize there are lots of people with CF and other debilitating diseases or disabilities who would love to be able to go hunting. I'm not a proponent of Internet "hunting" either but to simply latch on to the bandwagon of ignorance that is HSUS is simply ridiculous. You might try thinking something through a bit before you post with your bleeding heart.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 02:46 pm
One of HSUS goals is to ban all hunting. So, you agree with them? What do you do when the wildlife starts to overpopulate? Bring in sharpshooters? Let them starve? Deer and cars don't mix well. Comon, THINK.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:20 pm
How bout stopping human infringment on forests and wildlands, messing with the ecosystem, killing predator animals so you can go shoot something.

Maybe its you that should read and comprehend or perhaps take a nature hike - sans the ammo.

Bleeding heart? Joking, right?

You have no idea.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:32 pm
I'm trying to think of a predatory animal that I have ever killed, other than a fish...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:38 pm
Wanna do something to help horses stradee?

First, you need to stop posting HSUS crap and find an organization that actually does something other than create more arcane laws designed to take away the rights of citizens. Try Google searching on "equine rescue", maybe you'll find your calling.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:40 pm
You missed your calling then. Great white hunters hanging out of airplanes shooting wolves - but only after the animals are run to exhaustion. Or you could try running them down with a snowmobile.

What a great 'sport' hunting is, huh?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:43 pm
It's a wonderful sport. I'm sorry you are so closed minded about the subject.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:56 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49496&highlight=
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:58 pm
First, you don't tell me what i can or cannot post - because you happen to disagree with HSUS.

PETA, EARTHJUSTICE, IN DEFENCE OF ANIMALS, DDAL, DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE, just to name a few organizations, and the MAJORITY of citizens of the United States agree with the laws that protect animals and wildlife. Just the administration does not!

The Nations hunters = 6% of the population. The other percentages are out the nation = trophy hunters.

Those are not people concerned with animal preservation, but how many animals they can kill, stuff, and adorn den walls with their 'catch'.

Arm the bears, then call hunting a 'sport'.
0 Replies