Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:57 am
Nothing wrong with hunting any plentiful game species. Woodcock have less meat on them than doves, yet they're widely hunted.

I didn't mix any metaphors. You need to reread that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:59 am
When i speak of oxen being gored, and you refer to the possibility of me being gored by a pig, you are mixing metaphors.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:59 am
Hunting's not the problem, at least not to my way of thinking.

Hunting that doesn't lead to eating seems silly and self-indulgent to me. Itty bitty critters aren't worth my energy, unless you can eat the bones, and poultry bones can be dangerous as they tend to splinter. I don't bother with quails either for that reason.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 11:00 am
END THE CRUEL AND POINTLESS WOODCOCK HUNT NOW ! ! !
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 11:07 am
Setanta wrote:
When i speak of oxen being gored, and you refer to the possibility of me being gored by a pig, you are mixing metaphors.

Yes, the pig you were covering in lipstick.

http://www.drlaniac.com/images/2004_08/LipStickPig.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 11:29 am
ehbeth
Quote:
And if you're not gonna eat 'em, what's the point of hunting them? Personal puffery?

In yesterdays Local Sports section (Lancaster Sunday News). There was an article replete with Sunday paper special feature style pix of this really sad dude who has his entire house decorated with these stuffed dead animals that he apparently shot or ran over. They included a 1200 lb Kodiak bear , a wolf, and a whole bunch of other animals with horns that looked like they crashed trough his study wall so only the heds stick out.

This kind of stuff weirds me out. Imagine raising little kids with all these bests in the house? The guy is a mailman or some other profession that doesnt pay like Microsoft, so he obviously had to watch pennies and pounds to get a whole 1200 pound bear stuffed.

Cj, there is a National Cockfighting Organization. If cockfighting is illegal, how does this 501-(c)-3 organization justify its existence?? Thats the question that HSUS asks. There is a tacit approval of cockfighting. It, like dog fighting occurs in big cities and rural areas. Shooting Bald Eagles and California Condor is also illegal
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:07 pm
Someone stole our deer head mounts and the zebra pelt given to us by a friend.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:25 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Someone stole our deer head mounts and the zebra pelt given to us by a friend.

Where was your gun when you really needed it?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:34 pm
Well, since no one was there at the time, it was fortunate that no guns were stolen. It was my cabin that got broken into. We never leave guns there, always take them home when we leave.

It was my Dad's place and all his stuff. These folks must have backed up a truck - they took the trophies, the furniture, artwork, just about anything not nailed down.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 04:15 pm
Those velvet paintings go for a bundle
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:03 pm
Not exactly to our taste, but that was still funny. Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 04:43 pm
Remember folks, the HSUS isn't your local Humane Society. Don't give them money by mistake.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 04:48 pm
Only if you really mean to Cool
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 05:08 pm
True, but you'd have to be really dumb to contribute to an organization that simply hates hunting and doesn't understand wildlife conservation. Perhaps not where you live, but some places, like Michigan, have an over abundance of wildlife. Not being able to hunt only increases the problem. Ever hit a deer with your car? Not fun. Read stories about people being eaten by bears in parks because the bears are no longer afraid of humans? Just look to HSUS for answers... they have them. Not.

There's a balance in the U.S. ecosystem because we have a lot more wild areas without human population than in Europe. I think it's very hard for Europeans to understand the hunting culture here, with the possible exceptions of the U.K. and Italy. You see those poor little harp seals getting clubbed in Canada? Well, there's a gadzillion of them and they eat the same fish we like to catch and eat. The McCartneys and the rest of their famous face ilk who protest the hunt are simply showing their ignorance and a love of animals over people. You probably know the seal fur cannot be imported to the U.S., which is retarded. I'd love a nice Harp seal hat and gloves.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 05:29 pm
So.... has cj made any factual, informative moves towards explaining how the international humane society (whatever) is illigit?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 05:33 pm
There's little in politics that is "illigit", however, there are sworn enemies.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 12:08 am
cjhsa wrote:
I think it's very hard for Europeans to understand the hunting culture here, with the possible exceptions of the U.K. and Italy.

Just out of curiosity: why do you name these countries?

I suppose, most European hunters will tell you that exactly Italy and the UK are the worts places for hunting because of the very limited number of species you can hunt there.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:06 am
I picked them because they both have great hunting tradition. When I think of the U.K. I think of fox and upland bird hunting. When I think of Italy I think of gorgeous shotguns. Among other things.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:09 am
Most certainly countries like France and Germany have an as long hunting history (especially, when you look at medieval art for reference) and Germany has some dozen of more 'huntable' animals than both named countries together.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2006 07:14 am
Cool. Do you hunt?
0 Replies