Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:19 pm
Amazing what the FIA and Internet can produce!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Tim4Trout/capturehsus.jpg

Remember, HSUS isn't your local Humane Society. They are a Washington D.C. based anti-hunting FOR PROFIT PAC. They have never helped an animal - not ever.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,700 • Replies: 91
No top replies

Chai

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:21 pm
What is the point of this?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:23 pm
Just pointing out what the HSUS really is. A for-profit anti-hunting organization. If you donated, well, there's your donation, right there in their pockets.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:25 pm
Theresa Reese isn't doing very well with them, is she?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:30 pm
She's probably about 12, like most PETA members.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:43 pm
The Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) (formerly called the "Guest Choice Network") is a front group for the restaurant, alcohol and tobacco industries. It runs media campaigns which oppose the efforts of scientists, doctors, health advocates, environmentalists and groups like Mothers Against Drunk Driving, calling them "the Nanny Culture -- the growing fraternity of food cops, health care enforcers, anti-meat activists, and meddling bureaucrats who 'know what's best for you.' "
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:47 pm
The're not paying those guys enough ... they all need raises!!

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:04 pm
Why would you say that Anon? These people think deer should be given vasectomies instead of eaten.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:08 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Why would you say that Anon? These people think deer should be given vasectomies instead of eaten.

I couldn't resist Twisted Evil I just love giving you a kick in the shorts :wink: You already know I have family that counts on the deer hunt for winter meat !

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:28 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) (formerly called the "Guest Choice Network") is a front group for the restaurant, alcohol and tobacco industries. It runs media campaigns which oppose the efforts of scientists, doctors, health advocates, environmentalists and groups like Mothers Against Drunk Driving, calling them "the Nanny Culture -- the growing fraternity of food cops, health care enforcers, anti-meat activists, and meddling bureaucrats who 'know what's best for you.' "

"Thank you for smoking!" Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:31 pm
Thank you for minding your own business! Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:50 pm
You accuse this organization of being for-profit--you have provided no proof to that effect. You accuse this organization of having never helped a single animal--you have provided no proof to that effect.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 02:00 pm
Well, Set, that nonprofit coalition of restaurants, food companies etc doesn't say it explicit - how should our friend be able to do so?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 02:06 pm
How thoughtless of me to have believed he were obliged to provide evidence for his wild accusations.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 06:24 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I was going to mention that group too, Walter! You beat me to it. Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 06:42 pm
Its got a 501 (c)3 status, Its not a "for profit" organization.

The HSUS has been lobbying to have the American Cock Fighting Organization lose its 501 status. How ya feel about lettin them roosters battle their way into your pot?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 08:29 am
I think HSUS is a whole lot more than anti-hunting.

http://www.hsus.org/hsus_field/
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 08:39 am
Just because they are paid, doesn't mean it's for profit.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:07 am
William Baldwin, writing in Forbes Magazine in 2004, reports that James Levine, the director and conductor of the Metropolitan Opera--a not-for-profit organization--was earning in excess of one and three quarters million dollars per annum. Mr. Levine is, of course, a talented individual--nevertheless, his salary is paid him by a not-for-profit organization. (I was unable to directly link the Forbes Magazine rticle, but it can be accessed through the page i have linked for "About-dot-com.") This "About-dot-com" article discussed the salaries of heads of charitable organizations with which more people are familiar, and think of in terms of charities. This site, the "Charitynavigator-dot-org" site, can provide valuable information for anyone with questions about a charitable organization. The "About-dot-com" page has links on the bottom of that page for quite a wealth of information about charitable organizations. Charity Navigator gives the Humane society of the United States very high marks. More than three quarters of the contributions recieved got to programs, and anyone familiar with national charities knows that is an exceptionally high amount. Administrative expenses are just under 11%, and fundraising efficiency is high (meaning its cost is low)--thirteen cents, only, are required to raise one dollar of contribution. Look up HSUS at Charity Navigator, they rate them four stars, and give details on their organizational efficiency.

Mr. Irwin's salary is not out of line with that of other CEO's in the "charity industry." What is basically going on here is another rant of CJ's, sparked by his obsessional hatred of anyone he even notionally sees as being opposed to hunting.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 03:42 pm
While Im not particularly upset with hunting for edibles. I just think that , every so often cj adopts a gungasnake posture and threads such as this are the natural result.
0 Replies