Hardee's Sandwich Piles Meat on More Meat

Eva

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:50 am
A "Thickburger"??? Why not just call it "HeartAttackOnABun"?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:16 pm
Maybe they should attach a warning label:

Do not eat this product if you have any sign of heart disease, are more than 10 pounds overweight, suffer from diabetes, hypertension or have a family history of heart disease. Also, should not be eaten by women who are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.

Warning: May cause severe gastrointestinal distress!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:24 pm
BURP!
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 02:37 pm
I used to go to a place in SoCal called The Shack. A Shackburger was about a half-pound hamburger with a four-inch piece of kielbasa, split in half and grilled, on top. In between the meats were two slices of cheese. They were great, but I had to go with a friend, because half was way more than enough!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 03:08 pm
A tavern nearby has a half-pound ground sirloin burger, served w/3 types of cheese (Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, Brick, American, Muenster, and Bleu are the choices), 2 thick bacon strips, grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms, a big tomato slice, a few strips of avacado, a big leaf of romaine lettuce, and your choice of home-made barbecue sauce (medium or hotter'n'hell), home-made horseradish sauce (same breakdown and the "hotter'n'hell will clear an allergy-stricken elephant's sinuses), home-made steak sauce (secret recipe - sorta tangy-sweet with a hint of pepper), or home-made ketchup (another secret recipe, involving, of course, fresh tomato). The bun is your choice of home-made sourdough (my fave), whole wheat, rye, onion, poppyseed, garlic-onion, or plain, grill-toasted or not as you prefer - all baked in-house and real big, real tasty. It goes for $8.95 w/out fries (buncha choices there too, an additional $1.95 for a huge basket, a buck more for cheddar cheese sauce topping drizzled all over 'em). I have no idea how many calories it has, but its a helluva feed. One of them, a few beers and mebbe a shooter or two will put you right into the sorta mood where a nice nap has real appeal.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 03:12 pm
timberlandko sez
"...One of them, a few beers and mebbe a shooter or two will put you
right into the sorta mood where a nice nap has real appeal..."

Just not by the fire.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 03:23 pm
Timber,

I had a stroke and a heart attack reading about that mess!!

Anon
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 03:59 pm
Laughing - hell, Anon, writing about it set me in the mood for one - might just saddle up and head over there a little later. Besides, my Low Beer light is starting to flicker - I really gotta see to that :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 04:07 pm
Medic! Medic! We need a medic in here stat!!!

Anon
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 04:25 pm
The description alone makes me quesy. Urpp!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 04:27 pm
im gettin a little hungry.........
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 06:15 pm
My grandma always believed in fatty and sugary foods. And she's always smoked about 2 packs a day. But she's had to cut down now that she's 101 and living in a nursing home.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 06:22 pm
My grandma lived on fried potatoes fot the last 20 years of her life, and she made it to 93. Disapproved of smoking though ...

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 06:23 pm
Speaking of Hardee's and fast food ... Can anyone tell me what the Wiener Dog in my avatar is ??

Anon
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 03:53 pm
thought it was a giant rat...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:03 pm
That's not the sign in San Francisco that people were trying to preserve, is it?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:05 pm
The misters grandmother was the kind of cook who used lard, crisco, butter, and bacon fat to cook everything in.

she lived to be 89.
Spry , happy, thin, no heart problems..
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:21 pm
ossobuco wrote:
That's not the sign in San Francisco that people were trying to preserve, is it?

Yep!! Just leave it to Osso Smile It's the Der Weinersnitchel Dog! It's famous and this is one of the last ones left I think.

Anon
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 06:18 pm
Julia Child lived into her 90's and never spared the butter.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 06:53 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Yep!! Just leave it to Osso Smile It's the Der Weinersnitchel Dog! It's famous and this is one of the last ones left I think.

Anon

I even know where it is.
0 Replies