Dealing with Automated Phone Systems.

Chai

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 11:11 am
Now why didn't I think of this?

It usually falls to me to make any calls that are going to involve "press 8 if you want to…." Or "please state the last four numbers of your SS….."

Yesterday the grand poobah calls me to say we got a bill from the hospital saying they've given our insurance company adequate time, blah blah blah and didn't I just talk to them about this last month?

For a change, I asked him if he could please handle it this time.

This morning I asked if he had made the call. He said "Yeah, I had to press a million buttons and speak all kinds of sh!t into the system. Then, I had to call the business office of the hospital, and I'll be damned I was gonna have to go through all that again."

Here's what happened…..

Automated System: Please state the name and social security # of the primary card holder.

Him: F*CK YOU.

Auto System: I'm sorry, I didn't understand your response. Could you please repeat?

Him: BLOW ME.

Auto System: I'm sorry, I still did not understand your response. Let me connect you to an operator.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 636 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 12:23 pm
Been there. Called our new Hydro provider the other day and when I realized they had an automated system I groaned aloud and said "oh God...." whereupon I got THAT response "I'm sorry I didn't understand" etc. I always wonder who's secretly listening in to all the swearing we do while trying to figure out the system...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 12:37 pm
want some chai tea, tai chi?

I think I've always wanted to say that.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 12:40 pm
Enjoy it. Sometimes they really are monitoring. Let them know how you feel about the value of their service/products.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:01 pm
Yep...swearing or just babbling incoherently to their horrible robots usually does it...and it's cheap and fun.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:38 pm
.... uh, unless it's Bell Canada and their automated assistant "Emily".

After weeks of dealing with no internet service because of screw ups with Bell, and daily listening to "Emily" talk me through the automated choices (that invariably lead nowhere), I blew my top. "Emily" didn't say a word ... nothing ... utter silence. It seems that Bell has programmed a list of naughty words and their system simply stops when you say one.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
0 Replies