White House Press Secretary Resigns

kermit

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 08:34 am
Scott Mclellan Resigns

Not much else posted here or anywhere else for now but apparently he is going to hold one last press conference?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,500 • Replies: 29
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 08:49 am
So he'll be dissembling and obfuscating one last time. I guess old habits are hard to break.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 09:02 am
guess theirs an even bigger liar and sycophant waiting in the wings for some bush style ass to mouth.....
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 09:08 am
I'm going to miss the Scott McLellan comedy show.

The end of that article is unsettling. One day Scott and GW will be rocking on chairs in Texas, reminiscing about the good old days of illegal wars, dead American soldiers, and domestic spying?

And though I've just established myself as a cynic and critic of the administration, I truly found Scott entertaining. Daily he was given the horribly daunting task of deflecting Bush's most glaring mistakes and bad decisions, and it was fun to watch him sweat, and imagine his inner monologue: "I cant ******* believe this bullshit!"
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 09:09 am
He really wasn't very good at that job. What a horrible liar.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 09:15 am
DrewDad wrote:
He really wasn't very good at that job. What a horrible liar.
Presumably, they'll get a much better class of liar now.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 09:18 am
a better liar to be sure... but not a better class of individual....sending the current crop of politicians to DC is like putting a tuxedo on a pig....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 10:48 am
I think you all are being awfully hard on the guy. He had a very very difficult job... and did it for years.

Can you imagine having to defend the policies of the Bush administration day after day without going completely mad?

I certainly wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of weeks.

He did a insanely impossible job without completely losing it. That is better than I think any of us could have managed.

I would buy the guy a beer.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 10:51 am
I would get him drunk and tape record all the things he wasn't able to tell us.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 10:54 am
I'm with you ebrown...........This guy had to stonewall **** for these bozos for way to long. I'd buy him the second beer.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:05 am
his decision to be a bush rubber stamp.... screw him... don't try to make him noble....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:19 am
Ahh blue,

That was his job. Bush was his boss. I guess you haven't had to get by with a crappy job before, eh?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:32 am
Get real ebrown. Painting Scott as a poor victim who had to get by on a crappy job.... that dog won't hunt.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:49 am
I detect some bitterness blue, do you want to talk about it? Don't hold back, you will just get an ulcer.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:51 am
what bitterness? Are you telling me that Scott McClellan's only emplyoment opportunity was to mouthpiece and rubber stamp a black hearted liar day after day with a straight face?

I can think of a great deal of unethical ways to make money that would be more enjoyable....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:54 am
Mouthpiecing and rubberstamping the president, black hearted liar or not, with a straight face is the job of the press secretary. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

There are ways to make money that are far less ethical.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:56 am
would you take the job if the money was good?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 11:58 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Mouthpiecing and rubberstamping the president, black hearted liar or not, with a straight face is the job of the press secretary. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

There are ways to make money that are far less ethical.

And far more, as well.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 12:09 pm
Sorry, but the "I was only doing my job" defense went out with the Nuremburg trials. The guy wants to be a lying shill for a criminal gang-- and get well paid for it-- that's his perogative. But it doesn't make what he does right, just or moral (or transform him into some kind of martyr) just because he showed up every day and did what he was paid his 30 pieces of silver to do.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:13 pm
Yeah there are plenty of other options one can take if what's being told from the top does not equate to what Americans deserve to know/hear. Better late than never, but I guess we'll hear all about it in a memoir some many years from now. That's gotta be one sucky job.
0 Replies