POSSIBLE PAEDOPHILE KILLER TAKES OWN LIFE

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:03 pm
A young man from Nova Scotia, wanted for questioning in the apparent murder of two registered sex offenders, shot himself on a bus in Boston on Sunday night.

Police seek link between Canadian man's suicide, double killing in Maine
Last Updated Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:48:45 EDT
CBC News

Police are trying to uncover the connection between a Nova Scotia man who shot himself in Boston Sunday night and two registered sex offenders who were killed in Maine over the weekend.

Stephen A. Marshall, 20, of the Cape Breton community of Little Bras d'Or, was pronounced dead late Sunday night at Boston Medical Center. Police began looking for Marshall after his father's pickup truck was spotted leaving the scene of one of the slayings in Maine.

CBC story here
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,467 • Replies: 21
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:35 pm
I read this in the paper today.

It said that Maine had to take down it's sex offender identification web site to protect the criminals from further threat.

This guy might have taken two of them off of the street forever but he's allowed a lot more of them to go underground.

Do they have any idea of why he did it?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:39 pm
I've been hearin' about it on the radio, but no one has yet speculated on his motive . . . his truck plate was ID'd when he left the scene. He was approached by police on a bus in Boston, and wasted himself. I heard an interview of a "Bahstahn" police official who frankly said they simply did not yet know.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:42 pm
It is really just too bad he didn't make it to Oklahoma and take that real pedophile nut job out a few days earlier.

Some people just deserve killin'.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:44 pm
I don't believe in a lawless society . . . and i won't argue against that proposition . . .
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:51 pm
I don't believe in a lawless society either. Vigilantes scare the crap out of me. Heck, I'm not even in favor of capital punishment.

But it would have been a big favor to a lot of people to have taken that Okie boy out.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:52 pm
Agreed . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:54 pm
Some old boy who was executed out west, coulda been Oregon, even, 'bout twenty years ago, had kidnapped a toddler, hung him up in the closet, and raped him repeatedly, before killing him. He had been imprisoned for sex crimes before, and when convicted of this one, stopped all appeals. He basically said, you better kill me, because if you let me out again, i'll go find another kid, and do it again.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:02 pm
The radio says the boy went to Maine to visit his father, who lives there. He took some guns and his father's truck on Friday, and they now claim that they have evidence that the boy searched Maine's online sex offender registry on Friday.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:03 pm
They say this is the first time the boy had gone to Maine to visit his father, and the family in Nova Scotia said they had no idea this would happen, and that there were "no warning signs."
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:05 pm
The obvious motive is that he was a victim of abuse himself, either at the hands of these guys or by someone he couldn't reach (already in jail maybe? dead?) and so he wanted to kill some proxies.

Maybe too obvious, though. Sad story, curious how it will pan out.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:06 pm
Yeah, it will be interesting. Basically, the family is saying they had no idea . . .
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:06 pm
Could it have been a personal thing about the guys he shot? Did he seek out these specific guys?

I think the penalties for sex offenders are too lax. Aren't they the most likely criminals to reoffend.

I'm a believer in those online registeries. Oregon doesn't have one and I think it should.

The big problem that I see with such things though is when some 18 year old guy gets caught screwing his 16 year old girlfriend and the parents have him arrested. THAT guy ends up on those registeries too for the rest of his life.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:07 pm
By the way, if that were the motive, these guys would just be symbolic, it seems, as they are saying this is the first time he's been to Maine . . .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:21 pm
sozobe wrote:
The obvious motive is that he was a victim of abuse himself, either at the hands of these guys or by someone he couldn't reach (already in jail maybe? dead?)

Or by ... his father?

Setanta wrote:
They say this is the first time the boy had gone to Maine to visit his father
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:58 pm
Odd that I hadn't even heard of this......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:33 am
Here ya go, Lil Kay:

Suspect had three guns on bus--from The Boston Globe
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:35 am
i tell ya what..

if he were down here doin that sh/t

i would have applauded him.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:37 am
boomerang wrote:

I'm a believer in those online registeries. Oregon doesn't have one and I think it should.

Not even here -> Watchdog ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:41 am
The Chronicle Herald (Halifax, NS) reports motive still unknown . . .

"The young fellow's never been in any trouble with the police here. Not even a parking ticket," Staff Sgt. Ivey said.
0 Replies