4 More Years. I'm Thrilled

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:04 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
BUT...I'd sooner be referred to as a wife beater than a conservative -- and I would not want to be thought of as a wife beater at all.

I think equating conservatives to a level lower than wife beaters suggests a lack of reasoned objectivity.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:14 pm
Craven - I will point out, though, that much of the time you do sound as though you're pretending to be a conservative. So I thought when you started this you were doing it on purpose.

Put your heart and soul into it. Become a conservative. Don't apologize. Be real. Make us guess.

Or - are these your true colors after all?

BP - I would be surprised by four more years of Cheney, for real health problems. I thought that's what they were grooming Frist for. Imagine - Bush and Frist. A bad vaudeville act.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:17 pm
You say Craven that that is true in any large slice.
That fact does not in any way excuse it, or make it healthy.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:18 pm
I'm trying to make it real. It's not easy.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:19 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You say Craven that that is true in any large slice.
That fact does not in any way excuse it, or make it healthy.

I agree, it does not excuse it. But it does make it irrelevant when it's applied to only one side to the advantage of your political inclinations.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:25 pm
Well, if the announced democrats would get real and get tough, life might be a lot easier.

Craven, baby, no true conservative does those things with a photograph of himself. They mostly lack a sense of humor. Be firm! Make a statement you know we'll all kill you for. That's the way.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:57 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
BUT...I'd sooner be referred to as a wife beater than a conservative -- and I would not want to be thought of as a wife beater at all.

I think equating conservatives to a level lower than wife beaters suggests a lack of reasoned objectivity.

I agree I was wrong to use wife beaters as a comparison factor in my comments about conservatism.

Such a comparison makes wife beaters look worse than they are.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 11:23 am
Here's something to consider:

The Veep spot usually is reserved for the person being groomed for the presidency after the president he/she serves under leaves office.

Cheney???

So the Republicans think they don't need to groom anyone.

Do you think they are considering doing away with elections -- and just leaving the moron in office???
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 11:28 am
Um, so you really think the choice of Cheney had nothing to do with his association with Halliburton? I really don't think this administration is about the political future, but about the opportunistic present. Bush and family could give a rat's ass about the party; they're in it for their own reasons.
0 Replies