4 More Years. I'm Thrilled

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 10:49 am
Looks like barring a miracle of some sorts that Dick Cheney will remain the President until 2008. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,740 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 10:51 am
Conservative Craven:

Democracy is a wonderful thing. Since those who do not wish this to happen are in the minority it should be no surprise.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 10:54 am
All depends on what you can scrape up as opposition. I'm not crazy about the current administration, but continue to pick the least bad candidiate.

Sounds like your thesis is correct after all, doesn't it?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 10:55 am
You enjoying this alot are you, Craven?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 10:59 am
Conservative Craven

It does not matter if I enjoy it or not. the candidate who gets the most votes (from the EC) will win. In the upcoming election the result will be one that the majority fo the population hopes for and that is a very democratic ideal.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:06 am
Majority of electoral votes, not majority of population - and rightly so.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:07 am
Would that be the same minority who voted for Gore? Oh wait, the MAJORITY of the people voted for Gore, huh?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:07 am
Don't count the chickens until the egg cracks.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:12 am
Bush the Elder was an invincible incumbent, too, if you remember. (So I've been told; I was a wee lad trying to figure out what was going on in my pants, but surely the elders have some dim recollection of how the redneck slayed the pencil-neck yale-oil boy. Such an inspiring menu we manage to put together every leap year.)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:13 am
I was referring to your assumed persona. Or, did you know that?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:22 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Would that be the same minority who voted for Gore? Oh wait, the MAJORITY of the people voted for Gore, huh?

Conservative Craven

This time around that will not be an issue. But I suspect the dissatisfaction will be as vocal.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:23 am
snood wrote:
I was referring to your assumed persona. Or, did you know that?

I suspected that. Yes, I am enjoying it. Variety is the spice of life.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:33 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Conservative Craven

This time around that will not be an issue. But I suspect the dissatisfaction will be as vocal.

That's because the majority of the population is now infected with the disease that GWB is the carrier of.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:37 am
Craven

I'm confused -- or I've missed something.

Ah...allow me to bring up the subject of "pod people."

You haven't noticed any weird pods around your bedroom lately, have you???

What is up with your philosophy?

And what is the give and take with Snood?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:48 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

That's because the majority of the population is now infected with the disease that GWB is the carrier of.

It's a comforting notion that it's a disease but a more realistic one would be to concede that many are capable of making up their own minds and have done exactly that. Their only fault, to you, is that they arrived at different conclusions. Supporting Bush is just as much a disease as hating Bush is.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Craven

I'm confused -- or I've missed something.

Ah...allow me to bring up the subject of "pod people."

You haven't noticed any weird pods around your bedroom lately, have you???

What is up with your philosophy?

And what is the give and take with Snood?

No pods Frank, I'm being a Conservative for a while to try out some different perspectives.

I think snood doesn't like it and I think the conservatives think I am trying to use the tactic to malign them in satire but I am not. I am making an earnest effort to opine from perspectives I do not hold.

It's a lose-lose situation, the liberals might start disliking me, the conservatives think it's fake and my efforts will always fall short of the real conservative mindset (which is more complex than I can possibly represent).

But it's interesting.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 12:01 pm
Fuuny you should put it that way Craven, I feel the Bush disease is the loss of ability to think for oneself.

Wrap it up in a Toby Keith song and stick it on Fox, and that's the news. Period.

No ability to carry two thoughts in the same head. Can't pray for the safety of our troops and be anti war at the same time.

Be quiet and question nothing or you're not a patriot.

This is the disease I speak of.

The majority of the people have not decided anything. The majority of the people have voluntarily swallowed the party line because it's lazy and easy.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 12:22 pm
Thank you, Craven, thank you.

I thought you had gone nuts.

I wish you luck with the experiment.

Actually, as an iconoclast, I do see several things from the conservative perspective -- and I understand where they are coming from. BUT...I'd sooner be referred to as a wife beater than a conservative -- and I would not want to be thought of as a wife beater at all.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:00 pm
A lot can still happen before the next election. Bush 1 looked unbeatable after Gulf War 1, and still managed to lose the next election. It could happen again.

But if Bush 2 is elected next year with a majority of both the popular and electoral college votes, will the loyal opposition stop griping that he is an "unelected president"?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:02 pm
Jim...please see my disease statement...the well will always try to help the sick......
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:03 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Fuuny you should put it that way Craven, I feel the Bush disease is the loss of ability to think for oneself.

Many people like to say those who do not think the way they do are not capable of independant thought. it's more comforting than saying they are capable of reason and simply do not agree.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
No ability to carry two thoughts in the same head. Can't pray for the safety of our troops and be anti war at the same time.

Ability and desire are two different things. If they are not inclined to be against the war why should they be?

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Be quiet and question nothing or you're not a patriot.

I have always hated that thinking. But I find it perfectly possible to be a conservative and also dislike such tactics.

I equate the patriotism=thinking my way on the same level as not thinking my way=diseased.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
The majority of the people have not decided anything. The majority of the people have voluntarily swallowed the party line because it's lazy and easy.

This is true of any large enough demographical slice.
0 Replies